Baggage Handlers' Strike?

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
Does anyone know if the baggage handlers strike later this month will affect Virgin flights from Gatwick? I'm flying on 15th August and hope it will all be sorted out by then.

Libby

Hi Libby

I haven't heard of a Baggage Handlers Strike looming up - but then I don't always pay attention! ;)

Where did you hear about it? I tried searching on the Travel Section of the BBC and came up with nothing!

Sorry I cant answer your query, but I'll certainly keep looking :)

I saw a mention of it on teletext news a few weeks ago and then on Thursday there was a question about it on the travel pages (page 175 on ITV teletext I think).

As I'm a born worrier it just gave me something new to fret about! I can't find a mention of it anywhere else though - hopefully I've just made a mistake.

Libby

Hi Libby, yes I've been keeping an ear open as were going next Thursday. All I've heard is that they have agreed to strike but it will be next month - no dates yet, so OK for us, but fingers crossed for you. All I can add is that that leaves plenty of time for an agreement to be reached.

:confused:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: 4 days & packing!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have just seen on BBC Ceefax that GMB union members that work for Aviance are voting on a series of one day strikes in August. This will affect mainly Gatwick and Heathrow.

It didn't say which airlines would be affected or when the result of the ballot will be made known.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we're not caught up in this.

Libby

Well Libby - i'll keep my fingers crossed for you too - I hope that this wont affect our posters (or anyone for that matter) too much and that it will be sorted out pretty quick.

agggggggggggh
we,re traveling on the 19th of august. GATWICK.
Nooooooooooo don,t strike

I'm flying from Gatwick on August 21st......I'm with Flakey..please,please,please don't let my holiday start off with a disaster:mad:

Hi Libby,

Yes I had seen this on the news last week but there do seem to be continuing negotiations.

Unfortunately, the possible strikes do look like they will affect all airlines at Gatwick and Heathrow.

I am hoping that this gets sorted out PDQ as we fly out on the 16th August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter