Baggage drop at the train station

aripantaloon

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving from Paris and staying 3 nights at the Newport Beach Resort. We bought the baggage drop at the train station so we didn’t have to go to the resort to get our passes and schlep our luggage. I think from the train schedule from Paris, the quickest and earliest arriving train schedule is on the RER (unless I’m reading the schedule wrong, the TGV didn’t get us there sooner). From what I understand, the baggage drop location is at the TGV platform/area.

Are the 2 close? Will this be an issue for us getting our luggage there? We don’t exactly pack light. 5 people, 5 carryons, probably 4 suitcases.

When we leave, we’re going straight to CDG airport and I think we’ll take the TGV for speed. Maximize our time since our flights are at 18:00 (6pm). We just grab our bags at the TGV station, correct?

Are you travelling from central Paris or from CDG airport?
The TGV doesnt run from the centre of Paris so that will be why the RER is quicker.
The RER is basically an extension of the Paris metro system which goes further out so at times will be very very busy with commuters so choose your time carefully when you travel especially with so much luggage

I cant help with baggage collection as I wasnt aware you could use that service when travelling by RER - it used to be only when travelling by Eurostar from London but then I had heard that they had extended it to other services.

There is only actually one station with different parts to it so its all under one roof

We are traveling from central Paris. We arrive on July 30 and will be staying in Paris until the 9th. Then we will travel to DLP. That makes sense that RER would be faster if TGV doesn’t originate in the city to Disney. We would be heading there in the morning. Probably commuting time. Would we be doing the “reverse commute” if we are headed out of the city in the morning? Would it be more crowded going towards Paris at that time?

When I purchased the baggage drop with our resort package, it didn’t mention any qualifications on our point of origin or type of rail travel. Just that we could have the convenience of leaving our bags at the station to be later transferred to our room and pick up our park passes to avoid having to go to the resort first.

Depends on the time you leave, but if it's in the morning, it can get crowded along the line. You pass several small villages / suburbs and people who work in the city of Paris will board in the morning. But Disneyland Paris is the start of the route, so you won't have problems getting on the train or getting a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter