Bag check location from FW to MK?

bloomcruisers

Mouseketeer
I looked back a couple of pages but didn't see this anywhere.
Now that they do bag checks at the TTC and monorail hotels rather than at the park itself, I was wondering where it is for the Fort if you take the boat over.
is it at the dock at FW or the dock at MK?
Just trying to get a feel for the setup prior to our spring trip.

How are they doing that for monorail hotel guest? when they get off the monorail to go into the park they are mingling with the common folk... how does security separate the two??

For the Fort boat to the MK directly, the bag check is on the dock in front of the MK.

For the boat to the Contemp for folks that walk over (and Contemp guests walking to MK), the bag check is across World Drive on the brick sidewalk just under the monorail beams.

Monorail hotel guests go through bag check in their hotel before gaining access to the monorail platform. For the Contemp, it's on the floor below just before the escalator ride up to the platform level. At the Poly, it's outside the building on the monorail level immediately before the boarding platform.

And by bag check I mean the metal detector walk through as well.

IMO the Fort boat check is painless and brief. This new method (plus TTC and ferry passengers) is win-win.

Bama Ed

so where are they walking to to get into the parks?? the metal detectors are right in front of the turnstiles.... so is there a different entrance for these hotel/FW guests???

I agree that spreading out the bag checks reduces potential bottlenecks and found that process during our trips in January to go much quicker than before the changes.
One place they need to still figure out is the monorail approach at Epcot.
You have to go through bag check and scanners to get on the monorail, then go through them again at Epcot. That was the only place we experienced longer lines.
There has to be a way to locate the monorail discharge ramp inside the bag check area so those passengers don't have to be checked again.

so where are they walking to to get into the parks?? the metal detectors are right in front of the turnstiles.... so is there a different entrance for these hotel/FW guests???

I'm not sure when the change was made, but the bag check for MK is no longer right in front of the turnstiles. If you drive, you go through the checkpoint at the TTC before you can board the monorail or ferry.
They also have checkpoints at each of the monorail hotels before you can get on the monorail.
I didn't know where it was for boat arrivals from hotels.
The other parks all still have the bag checks right before the turnstiles.

The bag check has been moved away from the turnstiles and closer to the buses. The people getting off the boats/monorails go straight to the turnstiles because they've already been checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!