Bag Check and ECV's

Rista1313

Mouseketeer
Where in line to ECV riders go for bag check?

If I don't want to go thru the bag line, can I just dump all my stuff in the scooter basket when hubby goes thru the line with it?

They go with everyone else. All bags must be opened so as long as your husband can open everything and place it on the table, you can give it all to him. They will look through everything.

They go with everyone else. All bags must be opened so as long as your husband can open everything and place it on the table, you can give it all to him. They will look through everything.
Thanks... I was trying to save time, but if they are going to make him take out everything in his open basket anyway... I don't see the point.

Thanks... I was trying to save time, but if they are going to make him take out everything in his open basket anyway... I don't see the point.

Yes. They check everything in the scooter. That is the point of security.
They asked if i could walk, which I can, and they also had me walk through the metal detector.

Yes. They check everything in the scooter. That is the point of security.
They asked if i could walk, which I can, and they also had me walk through the metal detector.

yeah, I just hoped they would look at it, instead of making him take it all out of basket!

Individual items loose in an open unobstructed wire basket? If they all can be seen by simply looking into the basket and none of the items themselves need be opened for inspection, I think they would just look down into the basket the same way they look down into an open bag. Maybe riffle some things around a bit, pull something out for a look n feel, then send him on his way.

If the alternative is you keeping the same items on your person, say in a bag, and then holding it open for bag check in the same line as your husband, I think any time savings will be minimal. And that extra time you do get by offloading this task to your husband must, necessarily, be enjoyed ... alone or at least without him.

yeah, I just hoped they would look at it, instead of making him take it all out of basket!

The last several times through security at WDW, I had to allow them to see *everything* - including the onboard tool pouch for my personal scooter that is stored in a small compartment not generally visible to the casual observer. They had me open and display the contents of my personal medical bag. (This is why I put things into clear zip-lock bags; keeps them clean and organized, and easy for security to see)

They also opened and thoroughly checked the contents of all Disney shopping bags, and one guard I saw even checked the straps on my family member's backpack by squeezing them after visually inspecting the interior.

I expect security checks to be more thorough in the future.

Like mamabunny, we find they are being 'much' more thorough than in the past. We were just there, and they went through every 'tiny' zip pocket - even a tiny one that I put small amount of money in. Nothing went unnoticed!! They basically emptied people's bulging back packs.

I'm glad, really - showing they are really serious now - were lax before! If they 'think' you may be going through bagless check with pocket items, they make you empty your pockets (finally eliminating those that stuffed their cargo pant's pockets to stay out of bag line!!!) :(

Like mamabunny, we find they are being 'much' more thorough than in the past. We were just there, and they went through every 'tiny' zip pocket - even a tiny one that I put small amount of money in. Nothing went unnoticed!! They basically emptied people's bulging back packs.

I'm glad, really - showing they are really serious now - were lax before! If they 'think' you may be going through bagless check with pocket items, they make you empty your pockets (finally eliminating those that stuffed their cargo pant's pockets to stay out of bag line!!!) :(
And this is why I really liked the idea of that shuttle from in one park to another park, it would have made park hopping a lot easier.

And this is why I really liked the idea of that shuttle from in one park to another park, it would have made park hopping a lot easier.

The backstage express? We *loved* that - I really wish they would bring it back. Once we used it, and saw how much time it saved us (one bag check at the beginning of the day, plus we got dropped back in the park, usually in a great starting spot, MK being the kind of weird exception) we were hooked.

I'm still hoping that at some point they might bring it back in some form. Since each of the Parks are a "secure zone" (not unlike an airport terminal) as long as you don't leave the secured zone (by traveling via a direct bus), there should be no need for re-screening.

We just got back.

We noticed it seemed to be set up now at each park that everyone going thru the ‘no bag’ line are being asked to empty their pockets and go thru the metal detector.
Those with bags go past an area with metal detectors and are randomly chosen to walk thru the metal detector after bag check.
During certain times at certain parks, all of the ‘bag’ guests are also being sent thru the metal detectors after they finish with bag check.

The answer to ‘will I need to remove everything from a bag or bin’ question seems to be ‘it depends on how well the CM can check it without removing them.
Expect you will need to remove zippered items inside of a bag or basket. Expect to need to remove items if a bag or basket is too full for the Security CM to feel/see what is inside.

@SueM in MN, exactly what we saw/experienced. I 'really' liked the set up at MK. Much faster than the other parks. There are several ways to be checked instead of one big central area. We stay at FW so are checked as we exit that boat - was like that in Dec. also. 'Very' fast!

@SueM in MN, exactly what we saw/experienced. I 'really' liked the set up at MK. Much faster than the other parks. There are several ways to be checked instead of one big central area. We stay at FW so are checked as we exit that boat - was like that in Dec. also. 'Very' fast!
I thought MK was especially well laid out.

We came by bus, which has its own dedicated security area.
As we were waiting for the bus, we could also see that there was a security screening area set up on the walkway from Contemporary to screen people using that way to access MK.

One evening, we rode the bus to MK and then took the boat to Fort Wilderness to eat at Trail’s End. When we took the boat back to MK, we experienced the screening getting off the boat too. It looked like it would be slow - only 2 stations - but, it was actually quite fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter