Backyard BBQ fans?

MeMeMouse

Earning My Ears
Thinking about going to the Backyard BBQ with my six mo, 4 yo and 6yo. What do you think? What kind of food to they have? How long does it last? What time does it start? Thanks!!!

We did the Backyard BBQ in June 1998 and it was alot of fun. The only problem is that its outside in a pavillion and it was so hot the day that we went. Totally unbearable. I really didn't feel like eating or dancing in that heat. So I guess that it depends when you are going.

I do not remember the times and such but the food was pretty good.They had tables set up with chicken,hot dogs and all the fixins beans,corn on the cob, cake.There is alittle more info on the camping board if you care to visit there. they have a country band playing and some of the characters come out and they give some line dancing lessons and you get to dance with the characters.We had alot of fun.

I dont know how to put this nicely.......However, we loved the BBQ, but it was..hmm.....it attracted some um.....hillbilly type of crowds? I guess I shouldnt even post this, but our experience was great, although there were a lot of people around who were "party" people? If you want more specific info send me a pM and I will explain. If you leave early enough it should be fun for the kids.

Gee..... I am not really sure what a hillbilly looks or acts like but we had a good time. We were on VACATION and my dh and my dd joined in with the "hoops and hollers" that is expected at this FUN show. I do not recall getting into it like they did but I am an extremely reserved person . While this dinner does not have some of the "cornball" type stuff that Hoopdeedoo Revue has, it is still a fun "foot stompin,hand clappin" good time. It is not meant to be like Victoria and Alberts.

Go to this and have a good time.

SINCE I'M STILLL WAITING FOR KJMAX'S PM ABOUT HOW THE BACKYARD BBQ IS CAN SOMEONE ELSE PLEASE TELL ME HOW IT IS. MY FAMILY AND I ARE GOING IN JULY AND THE BBQ IS ON OUR LIST OF THINGS TO DO. I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS SOME BACKWOODS HOEDOWN BECAUSE, AFTER SEEING KJ'S EMAIL I'M NOT SO SURE I WANT TO ATTEND. I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS ABOUT THINGS BUT, SINCE THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME GOING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK:confused:

The reason I commented on hillbilly type of thing, wasnt because of the music, the hollering, or anything of the type. However, what I did notice was a lot of drinking. Alcohol is included in the price, and then on top of that you can buy more. Let's just say a lot of people got loose by the end of the evening. It is meant to be like a hometown country picnic and it was! We loved the food, and it was fun for us. I dont think the games are anything great for the kids, at least not when we were there, and the place was filled. We went the last week in July as well, and didnt think it was excessive hot, but it also takes a long time to get there. It is NOTHING like a sit down meal at any of the other shows, or restaurants. Another thing I was disappointed about was because of trying to get to the MK from our hotel, then onto the ferry, and a hike over to the picnic, only to find out we had to take our vouchers to the main office on Fort Wilderness, then back to the picnic, made for a very, long walk. I should also mention, people smoked and it blew into the covered area. We also had a women there (and this was my main hillbilly viewing) taking her son's diaper off because he was "hot" and letting him run all over kingdom come.

Maybe it was just the day we went? It was a Thursday I think or a Friday. All I know is that next time I am going to do the Poly dinner.

I am sorry that you have chosen to skip this because of one persons view of hillbillies. My experience was NOTHING like this and everyone there appeared to be just regular people out having a fun time.

I have been at Downtown Disney and witnessed three different people letting their children change clothes out in the open,urinate in the open, and romp in the water naked. All of these people spoke non english languages so maybe they were hillbillies!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a search on the BBQ and get more opinions before you base your decision on one persons views/experience.

Mum4Jenn,

Do not take my words personally, as I do not take yours either. It was merely my viewpoint from what I saw, and I stated it might have just been when we went. I do think that letting your kids running around unsupervised, naked, and adults being very drunk isn't socially acceptable, nor would it be, no matter what country others may be from, the things I would want to expose my 2 yr old to. Coming from America, this is what I would consider what a hillbilly acts like. However, I refrained from using language I thought would be inappropriate to describe some of the behaviors exhibited. Disney cannot control these people, and even when they try to, people unfortunately will do as they please, with no regard for others, or self respect for their children. As I stated before, it was a fun dinner, and the food was good, as good as hot dogs can be, however, we loved the cake and that would be what I would go back for.

I had wished we would have done Hoop Dee Doo, or the Poly dinner, which both sound wonderful, and have heard the Poly has excellent food, plus it gives the atmosphere of being somewhere tropical.

For those of you who do attend this function, please report your experience, so those who have gone, and not gone back can see the differences, and might try it again.

Thanks!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter