Backstage Magic tour review including updated lunch menu for Tiffins

ultimatefans

DIS Veteran
We are headed on the Backstage Magic tour next week and I received the lunch menu today. I thought I'd pass along since I've seen a few questions about it. I can't wait! (scroll a few posts down for review)

Attachments

• Backstage Magic Lunch Menu.pdf
    82 KB · Views: 765
Last edited:
We are headed on the Backstage Magic tour next week and I received the lunch menu today. I thought I'd pass along since I've seen a few questions about it. I can't wait!

Thanks so much for posting this. We’re going to be doing this tour in October and I had been having some anxiety over the lunch portion (lots of dietary restrictions and I wasn’t sure how “unusual” the choices might be). But this looks like options I will be able to work with.

Thanks for posting! We are doing this tour in July! Did they want you to make your menu selections ahead of time?

Thanks for posting! We are doing this tour in July! Did they want you to make your menu selections ahead of time?
Very exciting! No, we weren't required to make meal selections ahead of time, the menu was just sent for our information.

MY REVIEW:
We absolutely loved the tour!! All of us (2 adults, 2 teens) are huge Disney fans and enjoyed hearing so many little known details. The day was choreographed so beautifully. We arrived just before 8:45 and were the second to last group to arrive, they had already started giving some preliminary info. We were given a lunch menu (same one that was emailed ahead of time) and they took our orders in the morning which made the lunch stop very efficient but relaxing too. At every stop we were told how long the stop would be, if we'd be inside and/or outside, whether or not we needed the provided safety glasses, when a restroom break would be, etc. We had a very large group so we had 2 guides and for most of the stops we split into two groups. On the bus rides the guides would take turns narrating, even the bus times were chock full of Disney info.

I'm fairly certain this was the order of our stops:
Epcot / American Adventure
Creative Costuming
lunch at Tiffins
Rivers of Light backstage (I've always enjoyed this show but appreciate it even more now!)
Central Shops
Utilidor tunnels
bus back to Epcot to drop us off

If you're interested in what our commemorative gift(s) were, or if you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a private message.

We are headed on the Backstage Magic tour next week and I received the lunch menu today. I thought I'd pass along since I've seen a few questions about it. I can't wait! (scroll a few posts down for review)
Is there anything in addition to the main course & dessrt?
Thanks

I loved this tour, but I took it 9 years ago.

They changed the lunch venu, it as at Whispering Canyon at WL. Tiffins is a great upgrade!

River's of Light was not around then. We went to a greenhouse, topiary backstage area.

We also stopped for a backstage Tower of Tower tour. That was fun, but it made me want to go on the ride!

I am glad it's still a great tour, thanks for the review.

FYI, in case anyone else is reading this to learn about the tour, when I looked it up on dvcmember.com, Backstage Magic didn't show as a discounted option. When I called to book the tour, I was told DVC discount does not apply. Luckily I also have my AP right now so I was able to apply that discount.
The recap is very much appreciated! I was reading to better understand the progression of the tour before we start. Also good to know that most arrive prior to 8:45! We have quite a walk across EPCOT coming from International Gateway so we'll target arriving at 8:30AM.
Does anyone know if you can buy an alcoholic drink during lunch? Understood if they would charge for it but wanted to know if this would be an option for us.
Many thanks for the feedback from those who have done this tour!

FYI, in case anyone else is reading this to learn about the tour, when I looked it up on dvcmember.com, Backstage Magic didn't show as a discounted option. When I called to book the tour, I was told DVC discount does not apply.

I wonder what's going on there? I'm on dvcmember.com right now and I see it listed with the discount but it's odd that the person you spoke to on the phone says it doesn't apply??

Does anyone know if you can buy an alcoholic drink during lunch? Understood if they would charge for it but wanted to know if this would be an option for us.
Many thanks for the feedback from those who have done this tour!
Yes, we had the option of purchasing an alcoholic drink from the bar. All drink orders (included drinks plus bar drinks) were taken at the restaurant, not in the morning.

How long were you in the tunnels for ?? Was it like keys to the kingdom for 15 min ?? Thx for posting the menu going in October and was worried about the menu as well !

How long were you in the tunnels for ?? Was it like keys to the kingdom for 15 min ?? Thx for posting the menu going in October and was worried about the menu as well !
I would guess around 30 minutes, but maybe it was less. Maybe someone that has done this more recently or has a better memory than I do can comment too??

Bumping for recent reviews. Were you able to stay at the Magic Kingdom or did you have to return to Epcot?

Bumping for recent reviews. Were you able to stay at the Magic Kingdom or did you have to return to Epcot?
When I went in October, we all returned to Epcot on the bus, but the Magic Kingdom was getting ready for the Halloween party. The guides didn't give us the pins or the photo card until we returned to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter