Backstage Magic/SoCal Short Escape & SWGE

Hi, just a quick summary of my ABD Star Wars experience... our time was today from 2 to 6 pm. The time was completely without our guides. They still made us walk to launchbay to get our wristband and to hungry bear entrance to batuu.

We saw everything but cantina, and lightsaber, only because we weren’t interested. We went on the falcon twice. Second time was less than 10 min wait. We probably could have gone again, but it’s been hot and we went back to GCH to relax.

Hi, just a quick summary of my ABD Star Wars experience... our time was today from 2 to 6 pm. The time was completely without our guides. They still made us walk to launchbay to get our wristband and to hungry bear entrance to batuu.

We saw everything but cantina, and lightsaber, only because we weren’t interested. We went on the falcon twice. Second time was less than 10 min wait. We probably could have gone again, but it’s been hot and we went back to GCH to relax.

Was the reservation given based on OYO time, or did they alter the day's plans to accommodate it?

I think the day was altered because of starwars land time, because they didn’t provide any seating for parade, and they had a fast pass for star tours at same time as our galaxy edge reservation.

Just got back from a quick trip to Disneyland to see SWGE during the reservation only window. I couldn't wait :rolleyes:

I'm also interested to see how it goes after it's open to all and how ABD will make it work. We were on Backstage Magic over New Year's (10 years ago) and felt like they adapted the trip well.

Just saw a note on a different thread that the FP line for Smugglers Run is being used by VIP tours. I wonder if ABD guides will be able to use them too!

I’m on the full trip now and we go to Disneyland tomorrow. The guides are very hush that we cannot discuss timing for galaxy's edge until we are on our way to Anaheim but do mention that they will assist with getting cantina and savi reservations. Stay tuned!
Hope you had an amazing trip! When you get a moment, would you mind sharing how they handled SWGE?

Following along! I'm curious to hear future reports. I'll be on a trip in November and am hoping to hear more people confirm time in the land (I completely understand things can change, nothing is guaranteed, ect, ect) because I would rather not take a trip this year to WDW for their AP previews due to the costs associated with an extra trip.

We just returned from this trip and had a blast! Our concerns about SWGE were unfounded, because the crowd size throughout the park was just so manageable on the days that we visited. Wait times for most rides were short. I won't reveal too much about our experience because I don't want to spoil any ABD surprises. We were able to make same day reservations at Oga's Cantina. Rode Smuggler's Run several times on our own. The wait time was sometimes just shy of an hour, but if you time it right (we rode late in the evening), it could be less than that. SWGE is impressively immersive for SW fans. As there's only one ride at this point though, it feels like it is not yet finished. There's so much to enjoy on this trip. We had the best time and I hope that you will too!

We just returned from this trip and had a blast! Our concerns about SWGE were unfounded, because the crowd size throughout the park was just so manageable on the days that we visited. Wait times for most rides were short. I won't reveal too much about our experience because I don't want to spoil any ABD surprises. We were able to make same day reservations at Oga's Cantina. Rode Smuggler's Run several times on our own. The wait time was sometimes just shy of an hour, but if you time it right (we rode late in the evening), it could be less than that. SWGE is impressively immersive for SW fans. As there's only one ride at this point though, it feels like it is not yet finished. There's so much to enjoy on this trip. We had the best time and I hope that you will too!
Thanks for sharing! I’m glad to hear that you were able to do everything you wanted in SWGE!

Alright we are going on the BM ABD starting Sunday so I'll report back here with how the SWGE portion is handled! I'll put any specifics/surprises in spoiler alerts so that those who are avoiding spoilers can continue to do so, but anyone who absolutely needs to know can find out.

Alright we are going on the BM ABD starting Sunday so I'll report back here with how the SWGE portion is handled! I'll put any specifics/surprises in spoiler alerts so that those who are avoiding spoilers can continue to do so, but anyone who absolutely needs to know can find out.
Have a great time!

I don't go until October so I wonder if there will be any special Halloween decorations in that part of the park during the Oogie Boogie Bash? Halloween in space?? R2D2 dressed as Stitch, in a hula skirt?:joker::D
We are going in October too! It's our first ABD trip!

Okay everyone we wrapped up the ABD part of our trip yesterday and here’s the scoop on SWGE- ABD didn’t do anything special. They made sure we knew how to make reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s and told us the best time to go during our days in the park but there was no special access or backstage time.

With the crowds right now we had no problem doing everything we wanted in SWGE, even without help from ABD (we also stayed all day on the last day of the trip when all you have with the group is breakfast). So if you’re going in the next few weeks I wouldn’t expect anything different. If you want to see most of both parks and spend a lot of time in SWGE, I highly recommend staying through the last day and making use of all 4 days of the DL tickets you get. Who knows when they’ll change it up and maybe add some special SWGE stuff to the itinerary.

Anyway if you have any other questions, let me know! We are still on vacation through Sunday night so I may not respond until Monday.

Okay everyone we wrapped up the ABD part of our trip yesterday and here’s the scoop on SWGE- ABD didn’t do anything special. They made sure we knew how to make reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s and told us the best time to go during our days in the park but there was no special access or backstage time.

With the crowds right now we had no problem doing everything we wanted in SWGE, even without help from ABD (we also stayed all day on the last day of the trip when all you have with the group is breakfast). So if you’re going in the next few weeks I wouldn’t expect anything different. If you want to see most of both parks and spend a lot of time in SWGE, I highly recommend staying through the last day and making use of all 4 days of the DL tickets you get. Who knows when they’ll change it up and maybe add some special SWGE stuff to the itinerary.

Anyway if you have any other questions, let me know! We are still on vacation through Sunday night so I may not respond until Monday.

Thanks for the update. Our flight on the last official day of the adventure does not depart until after 9 pm so we will have additional time in the park. I would have liked some behind the scenes access, but it’s all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!