Backpacks in the parks

pjacobi

DIS Veteran
Is there any new security restrictions on carrying backpacks in the parks? I like to use a backpack to carry camera, film and a water bottle. That leaves my hands free.

Are metal detectors used at the enterance to any of the parks? I just got back from a conference with newly installed metal detectors and canine patrols at a downtown conventions center.

-Paul

You can still carry backpacks. You just need to have it unzipped and let the security people look through it.

There aren't any metal detectors, at least, not yet. I'm guessing they'll eventually put them in, but so far they haven't.

Keep in mind they look in every zipper and compartment of each bag. When we started the trip I was using a back pack for a diaper bag that had about 10 compartments. I got a different bag on the trip with only 2. That was much faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter