• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backpacks as carryons on plane?

kathyclownfish

Mouseketeer
Hi! Can my children bring their school backpacks on the airplane as carry ons? I was planning on having them pack 4 days worth of clothes in their school (Jansport-regular size) backpacks as carryons. The rest of our clothes will go on the plane as regular luggage. I'm always afraid the airline will lose our luggage. This way if they do, we will be okay for clothes for a few days. We are taking Delta from Newark to Orlando. Has anyone else done this?? Any other packing/airplane suggestions?

Should be no problem, as long as the backpacks are of reasonable dimensions. I always bring a backpack on as carry-on. We don't fly Delta, but it has never been a problem on ATA, American, or United.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We always carry backpacks as our carryons. We have flown Delta, Continental, and American.
Hope this helps!

I use my backpack as carryon all the time. As long as the pack fits into the carry-on size checker at check in there should be no problem. Some larger department stores in there luggage department might also have the carry-on sizers

We always fly Delta and take Jansport, as well as LL bean backpacks as our carryons. We've never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter