Backpack packing

Kt75

Mouseketeer
i just the post about bag check and sometimes delays. I plan on having a backpack for extra clothing/shoes for DD5 and snacks for all. My last wdw trip I ended up in hospital for dehydration and kidney stones, so also 2 large Brita waters as well. How do you pack your bag? Also do I have to take it all out at security?

I planned on ziploc bags for clothing, one for her autograph book, pens and $ for pressed pennies; baggies for extra in case of anything and to put phone/wallet for water rides. Small emergency kit (boo-boos & aspirin), possible small camera for DD, her Minnie ears and ponchos. Oh, later in afternoon after resort break when we go back to parks, glow sticks and night gear for night time.

Anything else I miss?

i just the post about bag check and sometimes delays. I plan on having a backpack for extra clothing/shoes for DD5 and snacks for all. My last wdw trip I ended up in hospital for dehydration and kidney stones, so also 2 large Brita waters as well. How do you pack your bag? Also do I have to take it all out at security?

I planned on ziploc bags for clothing, one for her autograph book, pens and $ for pressed pennies; baggies for extra in case of anything and to put phone/wallet for water rides. Small emergency kit (boo-boos & aspirin), possible small camera for DD, her Minnie ears and ponchos. Oh, later in afternoon after resort break when we go back to parks, glow sticks and night gear for night time.

Anything else I miss?

The security guard will take it all out and dump it on the table. then you'd have to throw it all back in and organize it someplace else so as not to block the queue. The more stuff you cram in there the harder it is for them to check it all, so they take it out. They will want to open the ziploc bags as well, in some cases. Depends on the guard. Some just do a brief scan, some are more thorough. And it helps if you have all the pockets unzipped, and the larger items already removed before you get to the checkpoint.

The security guard will take it all out and dump it on the table.

There are some overzealous security guards, but that's not standard practice. My trip in May was my first with a backpack, and I never had it dumped. I didn't see anyone else have theirs dumped, either. I never even had anything removed from mine. I had a wristlet inside that probably would have counted as a bag on its own and they never looked at it.

I recommend anchange of clothes especially at animal kingdom after riding kali river rapids. No fun to walk around in wet clothes

I also agree that I have never had security dump put my bag. They have only shifted things around looking through bag.

There are some overzealous security guards, but that's not standard practice. My trip in May was my first with a backpack, and I never had it dumped. I didn't see anyone else have theirs dumped, either. I never even had anything removed from mine. I had a wristlet inside that probably would have counted as a bag on its own and they never looked at it.
I have never had that happen in over 30 days of travel over multiple trips with a backpack, some times entering multiple parks a day. They will look in every pocket but not dump anything.

By dump, I mean take a lot of the stuff out and leave it on the table for you to put it back in - not turn it upside down, oops! I should have used 'empty' as a better word, sorry! But I saw it happen every day last week. If they can't see straight into the bottom of the bag, they take the stuff out. Over-packed backpacks are checked very carefully. I'd bring two half packed ones instead.

I use a large under armour backpack. We pack two 40 ounce refillable water bottles- we also pack water flavor packets, they are a lifesaver since most fountain and QS water is not very tasty. We pack it pretty full. Do not forget sunscreen, portable phone charger, hand sanitizer/wipes, sunglasses and hats if needed. I just unzipped my bag prior to entering security and they were either fast and not an issue or some security were more thorough. In some cases, some security people wouldn't open small bags inside my bag. So like my small coin purse, I had to unzip for them. Odd but whatever. At any rate, I would go through security with my bag and my family would wait on the other side for me. For some reason, some people go through it and bring 4 kids and the whole family through, not necessary. And at some parks, the metal detector that follows the bag check is random some days. It was required at AK and MK when we were there this weekend but at Epcot the metal detector was random selection. I don't consider bag check to be a big deal as far as time takers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter