Back with reviews with Q&C voucher use (long post)

DazedandConfused

Mouseketeer
Hi all, First I want to thank everyone who has posted previously on their Q&C voucher use. It really helped me plan. I bought 8 vouchers for our trip. We stayed from the 11-16 at Pop then back to Orlando for our last night the 22nd (We were with my parents the rest of the time in Naples). It was me, DH, DS age 6 (almost 7 - he ate a ton - must have been a growth spurt ) & DS age 3. Opinions on the vouchers : I am glad that I bought & used them. I would buy them again for future trips if available. However, I don't believe it "saved" us money. I feel that they allowed us more food for no extra cost. So, I looked at them as a bonus and it allowed us to not feel guilty over buying desserts when we never would have done that if we weren't using the vouchers. We are both too cheap to buy desserts in addition to our meals so the kids were very happy! I think that we would have saved way more if it ere just the 2 adults or if our kids were older but normally we used one voucher then ordered something for my DH and 2 kids meals. I will post but I am only going to post the voucher use as I didn't save the other reciepts. I thought they were a great value and like I said we would buy and use them again.
Day 1 MK Pinnochios vilage haus LOVED IT! Went twice during our stay!Got a table right by the small world window and the boys loved being able to see the loading area! Used 1 voucher:
Chicken Garden salad $6.39 (split w/6 yo also had hot dog meal)
Figaro Fries $3.09
Large soda $2.29 (split w/ DH)
Vanilla shake (IT's really soft serve ice cream - in a cool plastic cup) $2.70 (asked for extra cup and the boys had a great dessert)
total: $15.51

Day 2 Epcot Liberty tavern - awesome!
2 vouchers
bottled water $2.50
large chocolate milk $1.99
2 tuna sandwhiches $11.98
2 fruit cups (as the side dishes)
apple pie a la mode
and a fruit cup a la mode for a dessert

The cashier wasn't sure how to ring my order up so the reciept is missing a few things so the total is not right but it was $25.75 Here, they didn't give us the fries because the fruit was the side dish. This was great because it forced my kids to eat healthier! They also gave us the ice cream in dishes instead of a la mode so it was great - the kids had their own ice cream.

day 3 Everything Pop (dinner) one voucher
bottled water $2.50
mom's tv dinner (pot roast, green beans, potatoes) $10.99
Carrot cake $3.59
Total $18.03

Day 4 back to MK pinnochios haus -1 voucher
bottled water $2.50
Monstro's Turkey Sandwich (with chips) $7.19
Figaro Fries $3.09
Vanilla Shake $2.70
approx total $15.50 before tax

day 4 dinner Everything Pop 1 voucher
bottled water $2.50
carrot cake $3.59
tv dinner (fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes) $8.99
total $ 15.90

(We were not impressed with Everything Pop's food overall but it was easy - in fact we thought it was overpriced and the worst food we had during our stay) - Great carrot cake though - we brought it back to the room for breakfast the next day!

Last day returning back to Orlando 2 vouchers
Beaches and Cream
1 double cheesburger w/ fries (I split w/ 6 y.o.)
1 double cheeseburger w/onion rings
1 vanilla coke (they let my DH spilt w/ DS 6 although the waitress made a big deal about it - like we were trying to break the bank)
1 large soda
1 no way jose (awesome)
1 brownie sundae (skip it go for the no way jose!)
We ordered a hot dog meal for our 3 y.o. - we ordered off the reg. menu for the bigger hot dog- it was only .49 more than the kids meal and the boys split the dog and my 3 y.o. drank his own juice brought in the diaper bag.

Good value here BUT we won't be back here unless we stay at the Beach club. Our waitress gave us a mini lecture about them getting in trouble for the voucher use/ side dish issue. The food was good but we thought that it was no better than resteraunts at home - I mean, it was only a burger (in our opinion). The wait to get in was 35 minutes which didn't bother us... we walked around went to the arcade and looked at the beautiful pool, made squashed pennies, etc. Once we got into out seats it was a huge wait to be served and took well over 2 hours start to finish. It was way too long for burgers and ice cream. It was a fun place but IMO, I wouldn't plan a day around going there for a meal- again. HTH someone. Sorry about the long post. I would be happy to answer any questions. Chris.

Thanks for the voucher report! I'm a little confused about the waitress at Beaches and Cream and the voucher side dish problem. We were thinking of using them there our next trip. Can you tell me a little more what the problem was?

Hi, It really wasn't a problem, I guess, more that the waitress pointed on the menu and made it very confusing as to what we could order. So, when we started to order a side in addition to the burger with fries she stopped us and told us that the fries that come listed with the burger are the side dish and so, no to onion rings or fruit in addition. It was certainly fine with us as it was more food than we needed anyway, it just made us change what we ordered in the way of sides. It was more the attitide of the waitress that bothered us. I would say they are either cracking down on the voucher use or it was just our waitress. All of that said, that isn't why we wouldn't return it was due to the the time consumption! I hope you have a good time, maybe our waitress just had a bad day!

In all the places that I have used the voucher, they've counted the fries as the side dish. Maybe I just didn't try to get something in addition????

Maggie

Do you happen to know if your waitress at Beaches & Cream was named Deloris (older, dark hair)?? My son, nephew and son's best friend had her last summer and she VERY loudly/rudely told my son that milk was NOT a drink!!! Two days before we ate there and we had a WONDERFUL waitress named Pam (blonde). She was terrific and VERY pleasant. My son, nephew and son's best friend told me over and over after the trip how much they missed Pam! Pam told my son that milk was fine for his drink and he could get as many refills as he wanted. When my son told Deloris that he had had milk two days before using a voucher, she told him that he had to be wrong, that it wasn't allowed!!

This December my son and I returned to WDW and ate at Beaches & Cream twice. Wouldn't you know it, on our first visit who was our waitress.....yep, Deloris!! And she definitely had an attitude (very un-Disney like). My son asked for milk again just to see what she would say. Of course he was firmly told NO, only fountain beverages!! On our second visit we had a different waitress, but we saw Pam!! My son was so excited, he asked me if I would take a picture of him and Pam. I stopped her and asked if I could take her picture. She looked kind of puzzled so I explained to her that she was our waitress in July and we thought she did a great job. I think she was a little embarassed, but I got a great picture of her and my son. I even had copies made for my nephew and my son's friend. Boy, were they jealous!!

You really had a bad waitress. When we were there over xmas week, we had Tim, he was awesome. The meals come with fries or fruit, you have a choice, it even says that in the menu. If you want onion rings it is 1.00 extra, and Tim let us have it using our vouchers.

Frankly every time I've been to B&C I've experienced 'attitude' from the waitresses when I told them we were using a voucher. In fact one started out really friendly (the 1st time I used it) and when I mentioned the voucher (I wasn't exactly sure how it worked so I was verifying it with her) she turned downright nasty, to the point where she slammed a drink down on the table and made it spill!
I have a feeling that since the vouchers have become so popular, a lot more people are going there expressly to use the vouchers, making it more crowded for one thing, and probably reducing their tips per table. I've always left an extra tip in addition to the gratuity included (except for that first waitress!), but maybe a lot of people don't? Plus, if people are using 1 voucher for 2 people (which I have always done at B&C, nobody I travel with needs a huge burger, fries and a huge dessert on their own!) that probably reduces their tips as well since it's one meal instead of 2. Just a theory...
Even so, it's not "Disneylike" service, frankly it's not Denny's caliber service sometimes!

THe vouchers include tax and tip. (15%) of the total food bill. They are actually making out more tip wise using a voucher then if we just went in and ordered paying cash. Like the Poster stated how many get desserts when paying for a meal anyways. Most of the people that I used the vouchers with said they prefer vouchers over cash since they get more money from the tip.
Plus we always left 5% more,

I don't remember what our waitress's name was but she was blonde and most likely late 30's or early 40's ( I think, I'm a really bad guess of age). Definately not Delores though! Sorry, that other people had bad feelings with vouchers there but kind of relieved in a strange way that it wasn't just us. We left a big tip even though service was bad - we just figured that out today! We did order an extra meal but left the tip that we would have left forgetting that the voucher included the tip! I only hope that our mistake will make her realize that splitting a soda and offering refills is a nice gesture and worthwhile of her time. I am trying to put a good spin on my stupidity! We were in such a rush after dinner had taken so long to get out of there! It was our last night and we wanted to get to downtown disney to get a few last minute souvenirs so we were rushed when paying the bill. The place was very cute, the food was good and my kids love the pictures of themselves with their HUGE ice creams! So, at least we have some good memories of beaches and cream!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter