Back to the World (Disney that is) Day 7

panpant

Earning My Ears
Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg¡¦s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Day 7

Today was going to be another easy day as after rushing around here for several years, we decided that it was time to pace ourselves.

Plan for the day was a rest day with shopping thrown in for free (well, NOT exactly free).

Woke up at 7ish again to a steaming cup of coffee, NOT decaf, phew!

Decided that we both fancied a change from buffet breakfasts and headed off to Perkins. Managed to down 2 pots of coffee (nearly) between us. Dad had the 55+ French Toast with a side order of sausage patties and I managed to gulp down the Belgian waffle with side orders of hash brown and sausage patties. Why is it that the waffles taste so great, especially smothered with maple syrup?

After breakfast, we headed back to base to;
1. See if I¡¦d won my battle of wills with the maid ¡V answer, no I hadn¡¦t. I¡¦m going to take a screwdriver next time (joking).
2. Hit the swimming pool for a dip and to do a little sunbathing.

I¡¦ve been using the Reimens P20 sun cream ¡V excellent, as I always burn but not using this stuff. Put it on once in the morning and it¡¦ll last all day, I can¡¦t recommend it enough, picked the tip up about it last year on the DIS.

A good book, couple of CD¡¦s and a pina colada later that burning sensation started in my pocket again and I knew it was time to spend, spend, spend as it is my birthday in a couple of days so we headed on down the road to Walmart. Bought a couple of CD¡¦s, Darren Hayes being one, great album and a couple of golf polo shirts, don¡¦t play golf very well but do have to look the part. How on earth can they sell those shirts so cheaply? Great value.

Back to Circuit City and another 2 memory sticks (128mb) were winging their way back to my new camera, only $89 each, excellent.

A further visit to CompUSA and drooled all over the new Imacs and the laptops, boy do I need a new one, wonder if Dad¡¦ll lend me HIS credit card ¡V lol (No¡K..Dad)

Back to the hotel for a brush up and a bit of a snooze and decided that were going to do another FIRST, Jungle Jims for dinner. We had heard so many good things about the place from all my chums here and on the DIS, we had to finally try it.

Navigated our way along the 192 and down the 535 into the Crossroads. Came across a little flat roundabout and several puzzled looking Americans who couldn¡¦t seem to figure out what it was and had looks of horror on their faces.

Found Jungle Jims and have to say that the atmosphere is wonderful and the special cocktail has to be tasted to be believed ¡V wow!!

We shared the potato skins to start, bit of a misleader calling them skins as they were huge chunks of potato on a bed of ranch sauce smothered in melted cheese and bacon bits. I can¡¦t recommend them enough but be warned, if you do finish them, you surely won¡¦t finish your main course, the portion is huge.
I¡¦ve never seen so many burger choices in my life and as for the headhunter, ¡§no way Pedro!¡¨ ¡V Yes, I love Only Fools and Horses.
We had 2 normal burgers (see, I¡¦m not that stupid, I¡¦ve seen the size of the starter) and couldn¡¦t even finish them, they were that big.
Can¡¦t remember the cost but it was very reasonable and no way could we eat a dessert.

Leaving Jungle Jims, we spotted in the far corner of Crossroads, a Pirates Cove Adventure Golf course and both felt the need to putt a small ball in the rapidly closing darkness. Wow, this has to be one of the best courses I¡¦ve played, lots of heights (for heights, read steps), depths (for depths read more steps) and mysterious pirate voices coming from caverns. Not to mention cannonballs plopping into the lake near the pirate ship ¡V excellent¡K
I think that Dad won this again, well he has to win something or he won¡¦t make my coffee in the morning - ƒº

Took a different route back by going directly across from Crossroads instead of the 535 and ended up at Downtown Disney, wehey, time to spend more money at Virgin and have another latte on the balcony before visiting the House of Blues shop ¡V cool.

Back to the hotel for the usual.

MGM tomorrow.

Night night

Greg

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter