Back to the fort after 6 years

christinou

<font color=teal>Is now a Tag Fairy believer and i
I am so excited to be planning a trip again, it has been a long time, we used to go to the fort every summer for a 2 week vacation, then had 2 kids in college, well next year the younger one graduates from college and both girls decided we should go back, so starting the planning. Last time we went there no signing up for fast pass or magic band.
Are there any changes at the fort, or can I expect to be back in my happy place?

Christinou WELCOME BACK :welcome::welcome::welcome: Like you some years back I returned to FtW after a prolonged absence. I found only some minor cosmetic changes.
You may need to be prepared for the folllowing:
Along the beach and some other waterways a fence has been erected in response to the tragedy of a few years ago'
A certain section of the local wildlife population :squirrel: has become far more demanding :squirrel: and brazen :squirrel: in their efforts to obtain snacks and other goodies since being unified :squirrel: and organized under the leadership of our own :worship::worship:"He Who Shall NOT Be Named".:worship::worship:
Now Go Forth and make Magical Memories

Can I expect to be back in my happy place?
For the most part, it will be just like you remember it. The big pool will look a little different with a big water slide and fort at one end for the kids. The wagon where you bought Smores for the campfire has been replaced with a food truck that roves around the Meadows and is setup a various locations during the day. One of the cabin loops has been converted back to a camping loop. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

@FTWMike- I forgot about the safety rope, fence and rocks at the beach.

j

Thanks, good to know it is still very similar, so excited to go back.
Funny about the squirrels I still miss the peacocks.

And magic bands....they are used for everything down there. Access to parks, comfort stations, you name it.

Thanks, good to know it is still very similar, so excited to go back.
Funny about the squirrels I still miss the peacocks.

Squirrels , What Squirrels? I didn't see any squirrels!! Know what you mean about the peacocks. In 2011 I was shocked they were gone. My wife kept sayng I thought you said there were Peacocks all around here, when we went to Trails End for dinner shortly after arriving for her 1st trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter