Back To The $6 Delivery Fee

I believe @zavandor reported that Y said MF only paid part of the BS there too. It was similar to the response I got on this issue. Doesn't make any sense. I think in November when I go I'll be scheduling an appointment to view the full financial statements for the resorts that I own.
I have asked for it and they told they'll send it to me, because it's public. But they also said that I wouldn't find in it the details I'm looking for.

Masters of semantics. There is nothing in our dues that expressly covers "grocery" deliveries, and thus the "new" DVC believes it can deny that we pay for it in dues.

I also asked to see the document(s) that state what is covered and what is not and they didn't anwer.

They promised a followup, that they would send the financial statement, and I also asked to receive in writing their legal interpretation of the laws relating to the articles of the Florida laws that I quoted from Drusba's post. Not sure I'll ever receive that.

We were at BWV in May. I had groceries delivered to the resort via Insta Cart. When we arrived we told Bell services that we wanted our groceries and luggage delivered to our room. One charge of $6.00 for everything to be delivered.
I did see a guest with a luggage cart bringing his own things to his room. I have never seen that before.

I have received a reply:

In response to your request from our recent conversation, attached are the audited financial statements for Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort Condominium Association. In addition, as we discussed, the groceries delivery fee is an optional service for which Members are only charged if they ask for the service. Therefore, in our view the statutes you referenced on the call are not applicable.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of the financial statement PM me. Or I might attach it here, not sure if I can or should, though. However I think it's a public document.

Here is my best guess as to how they come to the conclusion that the $6 fee is not included in dues, but instead is just a new, separate, processing fee. They are likely "literally" correct. What has happened is the WDW Parks and Resorts company has come up with that additional $6 fee chargeable to the resort and thus to those that stay at the resorts. Thus, it is literally not covered by DVC dues because it is an additional processing charge added by and payable to the main WDW company. This is the problem of Disney not understanding, or ignoring, the fact that the WDW Parks and Resort Company cannot unilaterally add charges to the operations of the resorts payable by DVC members, which do not add actual services that are separate from the operations covered by dues. Only the associations and DVCMC can do that. Additional carges from the WDW Parks and Resort entity must either be for something not within the operations of the resort, e.g., new fees for parking at the theme park lots, or are charges that DVCMC/Associations have agreed to pay to WDW Parks and Resorts, such as for transportation, which are then required to be included in annual dues and not made separate charges.

Last edited:
Can’t you request to BS to NOT deliver the groceries?

We have done this several times, before the fee, and we were told that BS has to bring them to us, it is policy, for mine and other guests safety, etc, etc.

So, on my next trip, I am going to arrange with Dizzy Dolphin for them to call me when they arrive and I will meet them to get my stuff.

We have done this several times, before the fee, and we were told that BS has to bring them to us, it is policy, for mine and other guests safety, etc, etc.

So, on my next trip, I am going to arrange with Dizzy Dolphin for them to call me when they arrive and I will meet them to get my stuff.

If you do take the time to do this I hope you will come back and let us know what you find.

I used to send a package to myself with supplies for our time at WDW/BW. I would send the package from my employers mailroom via UPS at a reasonable cost to me and it would be delivered to BW. When I arrived at the resort I would have the package delivered and tip the bell person. After several trips Disney decided to imposed a $10 fee to get the package. I was told that the package was received by the convention center mailroom which isn't part of DVC, also the mailroom isn't open on the weekends (we normally arrive on Sat or Sun). I had to go through major hurdles to get my package and I had to pay the $10 fee. My husband and I brought the package to our room to avoid any additional cost for bell service to deliver the package. After that we stopped mailing a package to ourselves, it no longer seem as easy or practical as it once was. I guess all good things do seem to end....:sad2:

If you do take the time to do this I hope you will come back and let us know what you find.

I used to send a package to myself with supplies for our time at WDW/BW. I would send the package from my employers mailroom via UPS at a reasonable cost to me and it would be delivered to BW. When I arrived at the resort I would have the package delivered and tip the bell person. After several trips Disney decided to imposed a $10 fee to get the package. I was told that the package was received by the convention center mailroom which isn't part of DVC, also the mailroom isn't open on the weekends (we normally arrive on Sat or Sun). I had to go through major hurdles to get my package and I had to pay the $10 fee. My husband and I brought the package to our room to avoid any additional cost for bell service to deliver the package. After that we stopped mailing a package to ourselves, it no longer seem as easy or practical as it once was. I guess all good things do seem to end....:sad2:

I will definitely report back on the experience.

Dizzy Dolphin has already agreed that we can meet for me to get my groceries. :)

FWIW - my daughter was at PVB this week on a graduation trip. I ordered groceries from Instacart, they had their luggage and groceries delivered to their room after 11 am the first night and they were not charged a delivery fee.

Also thinking this through - where is the profit for the $6 a pop delivery going? Assuming they cannot show the cost is $6 a pop to Disney, doesn’t this mean a profit is
I have received a reply:

In response to your request from our recent conversation, attached are the audited financial statements for Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort Condominium Association. In addition, as we discussed, the groceries delivery fee is an optional service for which Members are only charged if they ask for the service. Therefore, in our view the statutes you referenced on the call are not applicable.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of the financial statement PM me. Or I might attach it here, not sure if I can or should, though. However I think it's a public document.
Cann you attach it, or send over please Z? It should be public surely, it’s audited financial statements. Don’t they have to be filed with any public body ?

Also thinking this through - where is the profit for the $6 a pop delivery going? Assuming they cannot show the cost is $6 a pop to Disney, doesn’t this mean a profit is

Cann you attach it, or send over please Z? It should be public surely, it’s audited financial statements. Don’t they have to be filed with any public body ?
I’d think it can be attached too but I understand the hesitation to do so. I’m fairly certain few members have requested the document.

Also I wonder where this publicly gets published. I’m fairly certain the state likely gets a copy of this. I’m actually quite surprised they don’t publish it yearly with our budgets.

We just got back from a trip to Kidani. We avoided the charge by simply going to bell services & picking up our deliveries. Found it fit in our schedule better than having to coordinate grocery arrival & our owner's locker.

Here now, at BC, ordered from Amazon Prime Now. Front desk notified me when pkg received and asked if I wanted to have delivered for $6 fee or pickup myself.

Here now, at BC, ordered from Amazon Prime Now. Front desk notified me when pkg received and asked if I wanted to have delivered for $6 fee or pickup myself.

Ummmm, so they are using resources to accept the delivery and to call to see if you want it delivered for $6? Isn't it kind of just taking the money from bell services? Ie, being charged a fee will probably be considered it for many people.

Ummmm, so they are using resources to accept the delivery and to call to see if you want it delivered for $6? Isn't it kind of just taking the money from bell services? Ie, being charged a fee will probably be considered it for many people.

The CM who notified me actually said he didn’t realize the policy was being implemented. My guess is they are trying to enforce it although I’m fairly sure its hit or miss per resort/CM.

Just got back from BLT.. we had groceries delivered and had the $6 charge applied... I also had something shipped there from a company that would not ship to me in Canada.. had to go over to the contemporary front desk to pick it up and there was no $6 charge for that

Right now it seems very inconsistent. I am just curious if they reviewed DVC again and decided to only apply this to non DVC resorts or still everybody.

No, DVC owners are not exempt from the delivery fees. Disney just happens to be fairly lax when it comes to applying charges of this nature to guests' bills.

Plan for the worst (you will be charged) and hope for the best (you won't be charged.)

I was there last week (SSR) and was charged for EVERYTHING!! Two families in one room meant 2 charges of $6 for groceries AND I was charged for my lockers which I understood was not supposed to happen! Then to top it off, I was charged $6 times 3 ($18) because Amazon put a delivery into 3 small boxes instead of one!

I paid $30 for the bellman to come twice!

I was there last week (SSR) and was charged for EVERYTHING!! Two families in one room meant 2 charges of $6 for groceries AND I was charged for my lockers which I understood was not supposed to happen! Then to top it off, I was charged $6 times 3 ($18) because Amazon put a delivery into 3 small boxes instead of one!

Wow you were charged for your owners locker? So far we have never been charged for that. You said that wasn't supposed to happen, did you get your money back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!