Back To The $6 Delivery Fee

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I am curious if people are being charged or are not being charged. In a DVC FB group, people are saying that the fee is not being imposed for members at DVC resorts, yet others said they were charged. I am curious about experience.

I too would like to know. We were charged the delivery fee at French Quarter, but I don’t think we were charged it when using DVC to stay at Poly.

Is it only certain resorts? Is it not applied to DVC? Is it in effect everywhere, but just applied inconsistently?

When we come in October, we are doing a 3 way split stay over a 9 day period, CB, BLT, and Poly. I was planning to break up our grocery deliveries 3 ways, to make less to transfer around (we have Walmart grocery delivery Unlimited, or whatever the call it) so fees would be an extra expense.

I too would like to know. We were charged the delivery fee at French Quarter, but I don’t think we were charged it when using DVC to stay at Poly.

Is it only certain resorts? Is it not applied to DVC? Is it in effect everywhere, but just applied inconsistently?

When we come in October, we are doing a 3 way split stay over a 9 day period, CB, BLT, and Poly. I was planning to break up our grocery deliveries 3 ways, to make less to transfer around (we have Walmart grocery delivery Unlimited, or whatever the call it) so fees would be an extra expense.

Right now it seems very inconsistent. I am just curious if they reviewed DVC again and decided to only apply this to non DVC resorts or still everybody.

Some of the delivery services are stating that Disney has started treating them differently. They cannot use the carts, they have to park in the back and haul the groceries through the parking lot and resort to get them to BS, etc.

Sounds like Disney is doing what they can to push them out and make things hard. If they make it hard for me to enjoy my DVC, I see no reason to buy more points or even keep my DVC.

We were charge the $6 fee at Boardwalk over Memorial Day weekend. Ordered from Garden Grocer. Bell Services told us about the fee before delivering to our room.

Package came to front desk at PVB where I planned on picking it up once notified. When we got back to the room, the package was on my bed with the $6 fee.

We were charged the $6 fee last month at PVB staying on points. And we tipped the bell services CM that delivered our groceries. It was worth it not to carry the grocery bags and cases of water all the way to Pago Pago.

ETA: next time we might try Instacart and meet the driver in front of the villa building.

Last edited:
You’d have to meet the person to not get charged. The fee is for the time the resort takes to receive or handle the delivery.
Actually when we stayed at BLT over Easter we were told if we had them delivered it was $6. If we went to Bell services and carried them to the room ourselves there was no charge. We had a case of water and multiple bags so we chose to have them delivered.

Actually when we stayed at BLT over Easter we were told if we had them delivered it was $6. If we went to Bell services and carried them to the room ourselves there was no charge. We had a case of water and multiple bags so we chose to have them delivered.

Policy seems to be all ove the place then.

Correct, this is the actual policy for groceries, it has been confirmed to me by Yvonne during my call last week.
But if you receive a package, then the handling fee applies even if you go to the front desk to pick it up yourself. They said the actual cost in this case is for the storage of the package, because storage space is limited.
I think this makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
You’d have to meet the person to not get charged. The fee is for the time the resort takes to receive or handle the delivery.

I believe that to be inaccurate. Dizzy Dolphin, Garden Grocer and We Go Shop all walk right into the BS area and put the groceries on the shelves and in the fridge themselves.

Correct, this is the actual policy for groceries, it has been confirmed to me by Yvonne during my call last week.
But if you receive a package, then the handling fee applies even if you go to the front desk to pick it up yourself. They said the actual cost in this case is for the storage of the package, because storage space is limited.
I think this makes no sense at all.

Interesting. That is contrary to the excuses they have given me in the past. Many years ago they adopted a package delivery fee at the Boardwalk and other resorts that had convention facilities and a separate office for package deliveries. I sent a letter challenging that fee for DVC Members because I believed they could not tack on fees for services we were already paying for in dues, i.e., our dues covered the employees who would do such deliveries. The response I got is that those employees in the convention delivery offices were not included in dues paid for DVC members.

Then a few years back, they adopted package delivery fees for all resorts. I again made a challenge pointing out that the employees providing such services were paid for out of our dues and any extra costs applicable to such delivery were something that had to be included in the annual budget and dues. The explanation I got was that the packages are not actually delivered directly to the resorts but instead to a central location controlled by the main WDW parks and resorts company, and then they get delivered by that entity to the resorts and the new delivery charge that was being made was for that service which was not covered by dues.

The above both happened pre-Yvonne and new management. Now, I understand why DVC usually avoids providing anything in writing when you question anything it is doing and instead requires it to be by phone. That allows it to make up new excuses when a similar issue arises again.

The problem I have with the new fee and DVC's latest excuse is that it actually amounts to a claim that it can add on fees for services and items actually covered by dues. Under DVC's new theory, it could charge us additional fees for using anything already covered by dues, e.g., the pools, the buses, the front desk, the tennis courts, luggage storage and delivery to and pick-up from the room, simply because some use those and some don't.

Last edited:
The problem I have with the new fee and DVC's latest excuse is that it actually amounts to a claim that it can add on fees for services and items actually covered by dues. Under DVC's new theory, it could charge us additional fees for using anything already covered by dues, e.g., the pools, the buses, the front desk, the tennis courts, luggage storage and delivery to and pick-up from the room, simply because some use those and some don't.

They were absolutely categorical in the call that we do not pay with our dues for the grocery deliveries, they repeated it 3 or 4 times. They said members pay only a percentage of salaries of CMs working in BS, so we are not charged for something already paid by dues. However they failed to explain how they can prove this is right, how this percentage is calculated, why they say something that has been done for 27 years is not included in the fees we pay anymore.

They were absolutely categorical in the call that we do not pay with our dues for the grocery deliveries, they repeated it 3 or 4 times. They said members pay only a percentage of salaries of CMs working in BS, so we are not charged for something already paid by dues. However they failed to explain how they can prove this is right, how this percentage is calculated, why they say something that has been done for 27 years is not included in the fees we pay anymore.
Nor did they offer an explanation that made any sense regarding the DVC only resorts. Who else pays for the BS services are we truly supposed to believe Disney does out of the kindness of their hearts? At least when I spoke to them they told me something similar to you about the DVC only resorts.

Masters of semantics. There is nothing in our dues that expressly covers "grocery" deliveries, and thus the "new" DVC believes it can deny that we pay for it in dues. The problem, obviously, is that dues applicable to the resort and Bell Services are for DVC members' share of the total estimated employee costs for the year based on number of employees, their hourly wages, and their benefits, and those employees get paid the same whether they are delivering groceries, delivering luggage, or sitting around doing nothing. Moreover, the claim that members only pay a percentage of the salaries of Bell Services' employees is untrue at OKW, SSR, and the new Riviera, since none of those are attached to a Disney Hotel that covers its share of Bell Services.

Masters of semantics. There is nothing in our dues that expressly covers "grocery" deliveries, and thus the "new" DVC believes it can deny that we pay for it in dues. The problem, obviously, is that dues applicable to the resort and Bell Services are for DVC members' share of the total estimated employee costs for the year based on number of employees, their hourly wages, and their benefits, and those employees get paid the same whether they are delivering groceries, delivering luggage, or sitting around doing nothing. Moreover, the claim that members only pay a percentage of the salaries of Bell Services' employees is untrue at OKW, SSR, and the new Riviera, since none of those are attached to a Disney Hotel that covers its share of Bell Services.
I believe @zavandor reported that Y said MF only paid part of the BS there too. It was similar to the response I got on this issue. Doesn't make any sense. I think in November when I go I'll be scheduling an appointment to view the full financial statements for the resorts that I own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter