Back/Neck?

Pixie_Dust

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but we are reading the new Fodors guide, and almost every ride says not to go it if you have back or neck problems. Well, I do, but last year I rode Rock & Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror just fine. So I was wondering if you all could tell me if there are any rides we should absolutely avoid. I'm not going to avoid them ALL!

tink08.gif

My father has a very bad back but he does not let that stop him from going on the rides. When we visited the parks in Oct. he rode everything. The only ride I really heard him complain about was Back To The Future at USF. That ride is pretty rough, but it is better in the front seat. If you decide to ride it, don't sit in the back seat. As far as everything else, he rode Hulk about 5 times and Dueling Dragons 3 times and all of the other rides at IoA and USF without complaint. I hope this helps. Hope you have a great trip.

Been there, done that, going back!!!

Most of the rides at IOA and several at USF will warn you against riding of you have back or neck problems. Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, you should head the warning. Please don't be one those people who gets injured thinking that they didn't really mean you. No one wants you to get injured.

I have a herniated disk in my neck and I didn't have any problems with any of the rides. Back to the Future was a bit rough though. The coasters are all super smooth!

It is my assumption that they put up those warnings to avoid a law suit. Your neck and back problems are unique unto you...and only you can be the real judge as to if you want or can indure the turbulance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!