Back from our trip- MaxPass rocks!

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
We didn't think it would make that much of a difference for us, but holy cow, did it ever. We are true believers now. It was just too easy to use.

There was a point where we rode Buzz about 5 times in a row because my husband and son were trying to get the high score. We just kept pulling MP's as soon as we would scan in. We were able to ride consecutively until they had their fill.

We also had a few rides go down while we were holding MP's for them during our first morning. We ended up with those "ride any of the following" golden MP's because of it. It was great. We had no idea what they were when they popped up in the phone.

Our first day was Friday 29th and we did DLR in the morning and early afternoon. We walked on most rides in the a.m. and used maxpass for the rest. DLR was like a dream in the morning since everyone was in DCA. It was a perfect.

Then we hopped to DCA. What a madhouse. Even then, maxpass helped quite a bit. We are converts now. Never going back to paper fp's.

We loved it, too! So much better than paper fast passes and definitely better than magic bands, too. So much easier and less of a hassle. So worth the $10 pp/day. Convenient, easy and fast.

We loved it, too! So much better than paper fast passes and definitely better than magic bands, too. So much easier and less of a hassle. So worth the $10 pp/day. Convenient, easy and fast.
With the prices of tickets, the $10 and day seems nominal. Disney knew what is was doing when it priced MP.

Today was amazing. You could just walk up to many of the rides, book an instant return maxpass. Skip the line. I also ended up with a multi experience on a fast pass I forgot I booked! Pleasant surprise indeed. I love maxpass.

We have our first trip to DL since the start of Max Pass. We had the paper FP thing down pat. DH was our runner so he is really excited about this. I just want to clarify how this whole thing works.
1) when do you actually purchase and activate it? I know it's in our package but wanted to clarify
2) when is the soonest you can book your FPs?
3) after you enter the ride with your current fastpass is when you can get another?
4) how do you book a fp at the other park?
5) can you hold a paper FP AND and MP FP?
6) if it's a MM, when can you book your first FP?

Sorry- Just don't want to spend the majority of the first full day figuring this out. Especially since it will be NYE

We have our first trip to DL since the start of Max Pass. We had the paper FP thing down pat. DH was our runner so he is really excited about this. I just want to clarify how this whole thing works.
1) when do you actually purchase and activate it? I know it's in our package but wanted to clarify
2) when is the soonest you can book your FPs?
3) after you enter the ride with your current fastpass is when you can get another?
4) how do you book a fp at the other park?
5) can you hold a paper FP AND and MP FP?
6) if it's a MM, when can you book your first FP?

Sorry- Just don't want to spend the majority of the first full day figuring this out. Especially since it will be NYE

Check YouTube for helpful explanations of these and other questions, but...

1. Purchase when you scan into a park
2. You can make your first FP as soon as you scan in, even if the park is not officially open. You can also book cross-park. (If you’re in DL, you can book for DCA)
3. 90 minutes after you book, or immediately after tapping in to your current reservation.
4. See #2. Just select the park you want.
5. Yes, but they’re the same system. You can’t double dip and get double the FPs. Your ticket media will work in the machines, and you can redeem your FP with either the app or your ticket.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I kind of figured that's it but I wanted to make sure I understood it. We will have our Max Passes included in our tickets so I'm assuming it will activate as soon as we hear the twinkle at the turnstile

Thanks so much! I kind of figured that's it but I wanted to make sure I understood it. We will have our Max Passes included in our tickets so I'm assuming it will activate as soon as we hear the twinkle at the turnstile
I was worried about that too. We also purchased MP with our tickets online and, yes, they just activate as soon as you first scan into the park. No extra steps necessary. it really is a well-done app. Kudos to Disney on this one.

3. 90 minutes after you book, or immediately after tapping in to your current reservation.

To clarify this a bit, you don’t have to tap in to your current FP; the FP window just needs to open. So if you have Space Mountain with a 10:00-11:00 return time and you’re over in Adventureland at 10:00, just log in and book a new one - you can actually use that Space one anytime before 11:15 (there’s a 15-minute grace period after).

For more info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-answer-to-when-can-i-pull-my-next-fp.3634984/#post-58222160

I wanted to expand on #3. Getting FP as quickly as the system will allow is key to making the most of it.
  • If your return time is less than 30 minutes: you can get another FP in 30 minutes
  • If your return time is between 30-90 minutes: you can get another FP when your window opens
  • If your return time is 90 minutes or more: you can get another FP after 90 minutes
  • If you aren't sure on the timing just refer to the app. It will tell you when you can get your next FP.
But...
  • If you use your most recent FP you can immediately get another. You don't need to wait 30 minutes. This is really fun when you find a ride with immediate FP's available because you can ride as many times as you want with no wait.
  • You cannot have 2 FP for the same ride at the same time. You must scan into the ride, then get another. There are a few rides (Indy & Soarin are two) that are difficult to get a cell phone reception. Book another FP before you enter the building.
  • If your FP converts to a ME (multiple experience pass due to a ride shut-down), you can immediately get another FP

I wanted to expand on #3. Getting FP as quickly as the system will allow is key to making the most of it.
  • If your return time is less than 30 minutes: you can get another FP in 30 minutes
  • If your return time is between 30-90 minutes: you can get another FP when your window opens
  • If your return time is 90 minutes or more: you can get another FP after 90 minutes
  • If you aren't sure on the timing just refer to the app. It will tell you when you can get your next FP.
But...
  • If you use your most recent FP you can immediately get another. You don't need to wait 30 minutes. This is really fun when you find a ride with immediate FP's available because you can ride as many times as you want with no wait.
  • You cannot have 2 FP for the same ride at the same time. You must scan into the ride, then get another. There are a few rides (Indy & Soarin are two) that are difficult to get a cell phone reception. Book another FP before you enter the building.
  • If your FP converts to a ME (multiple experience pass due to a ride shut-down), you can immediately get another FP

This is great info! Thanks!!! We used MP back in October and loved it too! I’m sad that since I booked through Costco that I’ll have to purchase MP each day rather than it just being active upon entry but I’ve heard it’s a pretty simple process.

That's what we did on Buzz and early in the morning on Toy Story. It was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!