Back from 8/9

markey

DIS Veteran
Won't do a trip report, really don't have time, just a few points of interest.

1. Wave runners coming to CC very soon. Will be a excursion with a group tour.

2. New ship not in the near future, still only in the planning stages.

3. Looking at different ports for cruises in coming years.

Had a great time, only complaints would be weather on sail away, had to have party inside and did not attend, too many people in too small a space. Not docking in St. Thomas, too much time wasted getting on and off ship. Not getting requested table for 4.

But had great weather after leaving dock, just clouds in pm on CC. Loved the bananna boat rides, went twice. Great servers best of 4 cruises and friendly stateroom host. Also room 2114, which is on the noisy list is very quiet. St. Martin - Butterfly farm was nice, but more time shopping after at Margot (sp) would be good. Went to the Beach right where we docked, ok but liked Orient Beach better. Too many people bothering you to sell things and a very small beach. But the wave runners were brand new and the water was clear, calm and beutiful, had a great time. Megans Beach in am at St. Thomas is a beautiful beach, we went back to the ship at 1 and ate, would not want to eat there, the prices were very high, 4.95 for a grilled cheese sandwich.

Again the grandkids, 8 and 9, loved the clubs and had a great time.

DH waited for 1 number, called 4 until someone won, for Jackpot Bingo, over $9500, that got my heart pumping. Won 2 free 8 x 10 by dropping off the card you get when checking in, no catches. Also won the Mickey door prize, second year in a row, at WWTBAM.

Sad to be back at work, flight was delayed out of Tampa on Saturday night because of storm, we only got home at 4:15 am, so we almost had a 24 hour day since we had gotten up at 6 am. But by 10:30 I had picked up our dog and had all the suitcases empty and put away, then mowed the grass, pulled weeds and did all the laundry. I guess I paid my dues for our 2 week in Florida.

Rebooked for 8/14/04 Western, so the countdown begins again!

ok, I should probably know this by now, but what are wave runners??

Wave runners are jet ski's Jenny, boy I don't know if I like that idea, they make a lot of noise, would kinda ruin the tropical atmpshere for me, unless they do it off near where the ship docks like that parasailing. I am sure a lot of people will be really excited about them though.

Where were you for the tropical quiet? That was the scenery when we were there on Friday but I mostly hear yelling children. You already have 2 power boats puling the banana boats, I'm sure the wave runners would go the way of the banana boats. And if its a tour I sure you go around the Island and stay out of the Bay. Would be hard to get over the nets and people there also.

Markey, was there any mention of how far in the future for the new ports of call or what they might be?

No dates, but this information was from Cap. Tom at the CC reception. He said they already had some new ports for 2004, which we do know, and would have some new ones coming after that. I know he mentioned Alaska and the Medaterian (sp). And also said working on other ports of call, but did not name. So I'm sure the information is correct. This was also asked on the comment sheet at the end of cruise.

I'm not sure I like the idea of wave runners. I guess they would be around where the banana boat is. That ride is something else, isn't it? We screamed/laughed/bounced the whole way while holding on for dear life.

Does anyone know why it is such a short stay in St. Thomas?

Thanks for your post Markey.

The Short stay is probably because of the distance to CC from St. Thomas.
The banana boat ride at CC and wave runners in St. Martin were the high points of our trip. Of course we are water sports people. Wave runners are ok as long as you are safe and handle correctly, just like motorcycles on the road. They said that Wave Runners were part of the plan from day 1 on CC, just had to get the insurance figured out, and this has just happened so they are set to go.

Markey if you read my post you will see I said tropical atmosphere I did not say tropical quiet. Children laughing does not detract from a tropical atmosphere for me but wave runners zipping by while I am trying to lounge on a float would. To each his own. I certainly would not want someone to not be able to enjoy them, nor do I have a big problem with them I just hope they are put somewhere where it will not detract from the beauty of the area. I also am of the opinion that I would not like a pool/water park on CC but that is just me.

Cornhogio,
Yes, we saw that funnel cloud on CC. It was kinda freaky. Between that and the lightning, I was surprised that they didn't make people get out of the water. (I made my son get out and we went to play games at Grouper until the weather cleared up a bit.) Still, we loved CC! Especially the parasailing, which was one of the highlights of our trip.

Katrina

Saw the funnel cloud, it was really neat. Just glad the storms stayed away!

You know I'm really sorry I said anything about the wave runners, how people can complain about something before they even know exactly where, or what it is going to be is beyond me. I did not want to start a discussion only to let people know what I heard on my cruise.

What time was the funnel!???? Alot of people got off the island around 2pm. My DD13 was on the last banana boat ride which basically popped the passengers in the ocean. There was lightening and then the boat popped everyone off due to the high surf. It was crazy.

Originally posted by markey
You know I'm really sorry I said anything about the wave runners, how people can complain about something before they even know exactly where, or what it is going to be is beyond me. I did not want to start a discussion only to let people know what I heard on my cruise.

I was the only one who asked what they were, because I didn't recognize that term for them, and I certainly wasn't complaining, I was just asking. Geeezzz:rolleyes: I didn't think anyone else was complaining either, just stating a fact that they didn't care for them. Maybe Michelle should just close this thread... a little bit too much defensiveness around here for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter