Back from 7 wonderful days!

MikeD

Mouseketeer
I would post a trip report but I need to get ready for a small business trip so here are a few tidbits: MikeD (trip planner, Diana (wife), Alexa (8), Kara (5), and Matthew (2 1/2). We flew out of Columbus, Ohio on United and flew to LAX. We stayed at the Hyatt Alicante (total hotel bill was $23 - I had free nights for 6 nights and hotel didn't charge for 7th night). Our room was in the older part of the hotel but it was large and hotel provided day bed for Matt. This hotel, like other Hyatts I stay at, was very quiet and service was good. I bought 6 day hoppers for a total of $685 (included hoppers, $40 ESPN Zone play card, and a character breakfast of our choice). I don't know if it was intended but Disney Travel sent 7 day hoppers so we spent a day on Disney! We intended to go to San Diego Zoo, Legoland, and a Water Park but we love Disney parks so much we didn't mind not seeing those places. We ate at 2 character meals - Goofy's Kitchen and ChipnDale breakfast. We also had two excellent meals in New Orleans Square. Parks were very crowded by midday but we were always there early and took a break back at hotel then returned in the evening. We thought DCA was a wonderful park! Soarin over California was excellnet as was the coaster and the Maliboomer. I any has any questions just ask. It was a great trip!

Sounds fun! I can't wait for the whole report.

Hey neighbor! Sounds like you all had a great Disney time. Thanks for posting!

Would you stay at the Hyatt Alicante again?

You said you stayed in the older part. What is the newer part?

Thanks

After having breakfast at the Grand Californian, we probably would stay there. The Hyatt is nice - but Hyatt's are a business hotel (there was a small convention there when we stayed). The only reason we stayed there was because I had 6 free nights because I use them here at work. The room is spacious, but we had ants in the bathroom and the tub caulking needed total replacement. It was my understanding that the hotel put in either new rooms or had rooms recently renovated. Maybe you can check with their front desk. The Hyatt does have it advantages - it's quite; Target is across the street, there is an excellent Mexican restaurant close by, etc. Hope this info helps.

Glad you had a wonderful trip! How was Storyteller's Cafe? Do you know if the buffet has pancakes?

TigerBear: the Storyteller's Cafe is really nice. Pancakes were not put out on display but they make them available at no charge. Chip, Dale, and Pluto greet guests as you enter but don't visit the tables.

Just curious - which character breakfast did you like best? We love going to Chef Mickey's at WDW and can't decide on which breakfast to try at DL. We are big Goofy and Minnie fans, but the other characters are great too. This will be our first trip to DL - can't wait!!

Thanks for the info - glad you had a great trip!! :) :)

Anne930 - Unfortunately, the Storyteller's was the only breakfast we did - I had a free breakfast coupon with my ticket package. We're not big breakfast eaters either. I'm sure someone here has done all of them and can provide information.

Anne,

You might enjoy Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel. We ate there 11/99 and really enjoyed it. The Mad Hatter and Goofy, among others, went to all of the tables. Chip was there to pose with guests for photos. Lots of fun and great food! I wish I could go there tomorrow for breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter