MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Gorgeous pool pictures! I'm really looking forward to reading about how the reopening of Universal goes this week and Sea world next week. We have decided to move forward on our late July trip and just make the best of it! Disney is a total no-go, but I'm ok with that. My Universal annual pass is still valid, but the rest of the family's passes have expired😢 I think they just barely missed having their dates extended, as their passes expired March 11. We are just going to shop and eat and go to SW and Aquatica. I will happily be a guinea pig for everyone here and report on what's happening. 😊

Gorgeous pool pictures! I'm really looking forward to reading about how the reopening of Universal goes this week and Sea world next week. We have decided to move forward on our late July trip and just make the best of it! Disney is a total no-go, but I'm ok with that. My Universal annual pass is still valid, but the rest of the family's passes have expired😢 I think they just barely missed having their dates extended, as their passes expired March 11. We are just going to shop and eat and go to SW and Aquatica. I will happily be a guinea pig for everyone here and report on what's happening. 😊

We do love that pool a lot!!

Oh what a shame about the passes for your family! Timing is everything isn't it.

I`m glad you are sorted for your next trip. It`s a shame Disney won`t be somewhere you`ll be going but I know how much you`ll enjoy visiting the other places.

And absolutely, you have to come back and let everyone know what your experience has been, it`s going to be so interesting to hear everyone`s perspectives......can`t wait to read them all!!!

Good to see you though and hope you`re all doing ok.....

I am loving your report! We should have been heading to Universal next Thursday, as I was tagging along to Orlando with my husband on a work conference. But, 2020 being what is, those trips were halted by my cancer, COVID and the cancellation of the conference! I'm sure there will be another time, but for now I am enjoying your photos!

our lovely weather has finally broken and today we are cold at 52F and non stop rain......how we yearn for the Florida sun!!!!
Thats where we are right now, too. Although last week it was into the 90's F... I wish the weather would just make up its mind! I feel like I live in Florida in December/January lol

Keeping this trip report going is my attempt at normal, I know most of you feel the same way....got to be positive through it all. So, while I can, I will :)
We appreciate it!!

Although the lockdown is easing, as before we aren't rushing anywhere and still wondering if the flight ban and the ban for us flying into America will be lifted.
SO many unknowns! I'm also watching to see when they will life the mandatory quarantine for travelers from NY, NJ, CT and LA. Where we dont have a travel ban.. technically were not supposed to go anywhere after we arrive for 14 days. They haven't yet given an end date to that order.

Those pool pics are amazing! Just what I needed to perk me up 😁 Add me to those eager to read reports from those checking things out. Everything I've read is so encouraging, I feel confident Universal and Loews are taking serious precautions and safety is the top concern. My state is still in Phase 1 of opening, and we haven't really ventured out beyond groceries and the pharmacy. That is to say that every photo you post is like a window into a beautiful world, and is appreciated more than you know! :thanks:

I am loving your report! We should have been heading to Universal next Thursday, as I was tagging along to Orlando with my husband on a work conference. But, 2020 being what is, those trips were halted by my cancer, COVID and the cancellation of the conference! I'm sure there will be another time, but for now I am enjoying your photos!

Lovely to see you Cara.....

Aww....it`s sad when a supposed trip is upcoming! I know we felt incredibly sad the day we should have been flying out.....punch a few cushions.....lol....

Yes, you have had quite the year so far.....hope all is going will with your treatment, and always love to see you pop in.

You will have another trip for another time, and hopefully it`ll be sooner than you might think.......glad you are enjoying the pictures and sending many hugs as always :hug:

Thats where we are right now, too. Although last week it was into the 90's F... I wish the weather would just make up its mind! I feel like I live in Florida in December/January lol

We appreciate it!!

SO many unknowns! I'm also watching to see when they will life the mandatory quarantine for travelers from NY, NJ, CT and LA. Where we dont have a travel ban.. technically were not supposed to go anywhere after we arrive for 14 days. They haven't yet given an end date to that order.

Oh I think we are all hoping for clarification on things like that....it`s so frustrating waiting for info on when the end dates of these bans/advisories will happen!

Oh you haven`t had great weather too! It`s not fair.....and with your little one you`ll want to be out as much as possible. Children just want to be outside as much as they can.....

I`m glad you`re enjoying reading along and hopefully we`ll all get these answers soon ::yes::

Those pool pics are amazing! Just what I needed to perk me up 😁 Add me to those eager to read reports from those checking things out. Everything I've read is so encouraging, I feel confident Universal and Loews are taking serious precautions and safety is the top concern. My state is still in Phase 1 of opening, and we haven't really ventured out beyond groceries and the pharmacy. That is to say that every photo you post is like a window into a beautiful world, and is appreciated more than you know! :thanks:

Thank you Maria.....you are always so kind with your words.....

I do love those pictures (especially as I took some of them lol)

Yes, so keen to hear reports, they are working so hard I`m sure with all the new restrictions they have as a hotel, it`ll be different for sure. So, hearing first hand will be interesting to say the least.

I think we are just in Phase 2.....I have no idea if that`s the right thing or not, but gives us hope anyway. I hope your area can progress soon too. Do you have to wear masks where you are? I think this is a big difference for us over here, masks aren't mandatory here anywhere except public transport which we don't use, so we haven't even had the chance to get used to them. And we don't go anywhere anyway......groceries get delivered and the odd visit to the local store when no one else is there...

Saw a report yesterday that hair salons might open in two weeks......"might"......lol....so I`m praying it happens as I do need a proper cut and colour!!!! This is the longest I`ve ever gone without visiting a hair salon!!! Although that would be the most exciting place I`ve visited since this began......like you, I haven`t been anywhere unless it`s essential.

Fingers crossed it improves for your area soon.......:wave2:

Such lovely pool pictures. RP has such a great pool area. We love it. I hear you with the pale skin. Could be worst. I grew up in Florida and my skin hates any exposure to sun. My sister can sit out in the sun all day. Meanwhile I'm under a giant umbrella and a giant hat trying to hide and read.

Or running for a quick dip in the pool and then back under the umbrella.

Love the pool pictures!! How nice it would be to be there right now lounging...sigh. I wonder how the pool areas will be in the new normal....those drinks and nachos do look fantastic!!

Glad to hear your weather is improving. Same with us here in Toronto!

Such lovely pool pictures. RP has such a great pool area. We love it. I hear you with the pale skin. Could be worst. I grew up in Florida and my skin hates any exposure to sun. My sister can sit out in the sun all day. Meanwhile I'm under a giant umbrella and a giant hat trying to hide and read.

Or running for a quick dip in the pool and then back under the umbrella.

lol.......I understand.

I have two siblings that can get a tan by putting on a light!!! It’s so unfair, they are so brown most of the year, but come a bit of sunshine and they positively glow. But, the rest of us are paler than pale. That has to be rough in the Florida sunshine!

Glad you like the pictures........:wave2:

Love the pool pictures!! How nice it would be to be there right now lounging...sigh. I wonder how the pool areas will be in the new normal....those drinks and nachos do look fantastic!!

Glad to hear your weather is improving. Same with us here in Toronto!

Oh Kathy wouldn't it be lovely.......yes, lazing with a cocktail and their nachos!!

Yes, I wonder how the pool area will look with all the changes. Certainly be less loungers for sure.

Our weather changed again yesterday, and now it’s cold again. So much so we’ve had the heating on. I know......it’s June!!!

I need some heat!

How could I could have forgotten about Sapphire Falls beautiful pool.....

It really is one of their shiniest jewels. It`s very large and very family friendly, we like it a lot, although we haven't spent an awful lot of time there.

It really is, like a lot of pools a very focal area of the hotel and if you are a sun worshipper or a shade seeker like us, there is an area suitable for you.

i-st3dPdR-X2.jpg

i-pj5pSk7-X2.jpg

Although I think the Cabanas at RP need a bit of TLC.....I do think Sapphire`s Cabanas are among the nicest onsite. They do have a fresh feel about them and the pretty colours help too.

We aren`t usually pool people, but last May we were very kindly gifted the Cabana for the day while we were there, so we fully embraced the experience and we did really enjoy it and incredibly grateful for the kindness.

Most know we enjoy being on the go most of the time and like to spend a day doing different things, so spending a full day by the pool was a little alien to us. But, we did have the time away as it was the Mother`s Day Brunch which we were also very kindly invited to attend as guests by Mr Beiderman and it was also lovely. Some of you may remember us saying, we had never done a real brunch before, so this was a first and we were incredibly grateful for the experience. We had planned to book it for this year when we should have been there in May....but, obviously not.

There`s always next year.

The Cabanas were ideal and you could easily spend day just wandering in and out of the pool, sit in the sun, sit in the shade....watch some tv....although we for some reason kept the weather channel on all day......watching tv on vacation is not a priority for us, especially sitting outside in the beautiful sunshine.

We had been booked one of the ones at the back, which we liked as it was so private. The row of them are close together, but we never saw a soul till after the brunch was over and it was maybe around 6pm where someone else came to the same area as us.

I`d get one in this area again.

They have the fridge which is filled with waters and sodas, you can have your choice of what you`d prefer. There is also a safe which is ideal for when you`re popping in and out of the pool.

Along with the fridge, safe and tv, you have a phone if you want to order anything and a very welcome air conditioning unit....and this was never off the whole day we were there.

i-dGFjKNX-X2.jpg

We did pull the cover over between Cabanas but really as no one else arrived, we needn't have bothered.

i-Hp9xvDG-X2.jpg

i-fBFNcQj-X2.jpg

There were a number of sun loungers to the side of the cabana, but not close enough to be an issue if you don't like folks being too close.

i-tbv8G35-X2.jpg

i-8BpnjDP-X2.jpg

i-vnQSJtk-X2.jpg

i-FqJXZNH-X2.jpg

And they also have the much desired fire-pit...….it is so pretty at night, and very popular. Our night pictures of it are completely blurry...it looks just like a ball of flame!!!! And I have to say, I take the credit for the bad pictures there!!! Next time Tom will do it....you might get to see them then.....lol.....my pictures are either really, really good.....or exceptionally bad!! And the fire-pit ones were definitely the latter.

And those chairs are deceptively comfortable, if maybe needing a little effort to get out of it......of course that might just be me!!

i-HQWHQLw-X2.jpg

i-vkrc4BT-X2.jpg

i-4tc5zzK-X2.jpg

And the other side of the Water-wheel hosts a pretty little pond like scene where you enter the pool area. And above is the little walkway where you wander to and from the lobby from the Guest house.

i-CBf8hLz-X2.jpg

In the Cabana we were given a fruit plate, and I can`t remember what the credit amount is you can order from.

As we had been to the Brunch, we only ordered one drink each so genuinely have no clue if it was $25 or more. But they will tell you if you book the Cabana.

i-HrTpDW2-X2.jpg

i-3nNw3Pv-X2.jpg

On another trip we did have a pool evening. It was one of the hottest nights ever, and every single picture of us, both our faces are as red as can be!!!

We had loungers right by the pool and it was lovely to just dip in and out as we pleased. It wasn't too busy but had a lovely atmosphere.

And Sapphire`s pool does have a slide which was incredibly popular.

i-NjWsTGK-X2.jpg

i-Gm3fJLT-X2.jpg

And it has the Drhum Club for food and drinks.

They have cocktails you can order in the huge 45oz glass....I`ve been told this is supposed to be for sharing...….:rolleyes1

But they are very nice!

i-qLQvdCt-X2.jpg

We liked the food, and service like everywhere else is exceptional. The bar staff will come around and take orders and check you`re doing ok.

That night, we shared the chicken sandwich and the shrimp dip, which I`m not sure is still on the menu now. I`m not usually fond of dips like that, much as though I love shrimp, but this was delicious, and despite me not being sure I`d enjoy it.....to Tom`s mild irritation.....I ate most of it!

I mentioned to the young lady taking our order could they leave off onion and something else I forget right now....to which she sent the chef out to talk to me, which I hadn`t asked for, but it was a nice gesture and he was very accommodating and changed a couple of the sandwich ingredients for us after chatting to find out what we did like. I never like to make a fuss as it`s not a life threatening allergy, but all the same they do take all allergies and intolerances seriously all over Universal and Loews properties. And we loved the sandwich! Excellent service from all.

i-4RrWWfV-X2.jpg

i-8kSHDPK-X2.jpg

So, as it was pointed out to me I hadn`t recapped the pool at Sapphire......I have now......😁

I would say this was our second favourite onsite pool. It has everything we need and we do enjoy our visits to there.

I`m hoping in September we can manage a night in it, just once....and we`d be happy. If not I`m sure we can manage some time at RP pool instead.

I`m glad some are still reading along. Nothing new has progressed news wise since my last update post.

Except Virgin Atlantic have announced the commencement of flights to Orlando from July 20th :cheer2:......which gives many hope they assume the flight ban from the UK to the States to all but essential travel will be lifted. I think many are hoping this will be the case as so many of us have plans we want to keep. It`s one step forward anyway.

As always, I think we are realistic something else may happen to stop the trip...you just never know what`s around the corner. Coming from the UK is not as easy as just driving or hopping on a couple of hour flight away. I guess Canadians know that feeling too right now.

I still see posts that people are somehow stupid/silly/crazy/delusional if you want to fly anytime soon......each to their own. I understand completely why some folks don`t want to travel for the foreseeable future.....I would never comment to them that I thought that was wrong in any way.

But, always try to think this way.......

Thanks you guys for still reading along to what still might be a defunct trip report....or postponed.....who knows!!! But, again, till someone stops me flying......it`s going ahead!!!

More updates coming up......including all our favourite food options....on and offsite......

Hope all you guys are doing well :wave2:

Except Virgin Atlantic have announced the commencement of flights to Orlando from July 20th :cheer2:......which gives many hope they assume the flight ban from the UK to the States to all but essential travel will be lifted. I think many are hoping this will be the case as so many of us have plans we want to keep. It`s one step forward anyway.

That's exciting news. Yes, like you say, I as a Canadian, am wondering similarly...right now our borders are closed to the USA until at least June 21, but flights are showing up after that...so hoping that means they are planning on reopening...that said, you just never know and they could extend the closure further anytime...although I do worry that if Air Canada and WestJet have to give too many more refunds they may not survive...but who knows....crossing fingers.

Your pool pics look fabulous and how lovely a day in a cabana sounds right about now...with one of those giant drinks...sigh...

Wonderful pool pictures and descriptions as usual! I’m so glad at least one hurdle is cleared for you with the flights resuming in July. Fingers crossed that the rest works out for your trip!

Thanks Elsa.....yes, we just need a few more things to fall into place and we`ll be good. This year has been so strange for everyone of course......all our previous trips have been without incident till our airline went bust last September.....lol.....it`s got steadily worse this year!!! You`ve got to keep smiling though......

I`m so glad you like the pictures......I always love looking at them all..... :)

That's exciting news. Yes, like you say, I as a Canadian, am wondering similarly...right now our borders are closed to the USA until at least June 21, but flights are showing up after that...so hoping that means they are planning on reopening...that said, you just never know and they could extend the closure further anytime...although I do worry that if Air Canada and WestJet have to give too many more refunds they may not survive...but who knows....crossing fingers.

Your pool pics look fabulous and how lovely a day in a cabana sounds right about now...with one of those giant drinks...sigh...

Oh we would love to be sitting sipping drinks there right now....and sounds like you`d be right there with us.....🍹😁

I`ll definitely keep my fingers crossed for all the Canadians waiting for news too....June 21st is only two weeks away, so hope you don`t have to wait too long. That is another worry, if they suddenly extend the ban....don`t want to think about that for either country!!!

Airlines going bust is another worry too......I hope none go under as so many rely on them not only for flights but jobs too. It`s just been a complete mess for everyone.

Glad to see you still here......:wave2:

Just caught up. I had been reading one of your earlier trip reports and got lost in the food and just realized I never finished or commented. I am back and forth about RPR or Hard Rock and your photos of the RPR reminded me why it’s my favorite pool ever. Decision made.

Can’t wait to hear more of your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!