Babysitters at Disney World?!?

KeepCalmAndCarryOn

charfinntastic
I am just wondering if anyone has had good, bad, meh experiences with the childcare services at Disney Resorts. We would, maybe, be looking to have a someone watch the three kiddos (my will be 15 month old twins and my 2 year old nephew) as we have dinner our last evening at the Rose & Crown. We are staying at Boardwalk, so all things considered as close as can be! We have sort of late reservations, so the reality is that the three should be asleep. We are still unsure about whether or not we will keep the late reservation, push it a bit early, or have one of us opt out to hang with the cutest members of our group.

I was looking into Kids Nite Out but am not sure how I feel about the lack of information up-front on the childcare providers. (As a teacher, I also totally understand privacy, so understand why profiles aren't linked for people to see.)

It should be a super easy evening for whoever ends up chilling with the three amigos, as they should be asleep... I suppose I want to make sure that the providers have been, through experience, ninjas who can work three steps ahead of our clever crew for the "what if" moments.

Thank you in advance!

Erin

Hi! I’ve used Kids Nite Out several times and they’ve always been great. Each sitter has always been very nice and put my nerves at ease. The sitter usually brings age appropriate books and/or toys to occupy the kiddos before it’s time to go to sleep. All of our sitters (we’ve probably used them around 6 times) have been older women. Now that my kids are a bit older and can report back to me about the sitters, I’ve only heard great things from the kids. They always have fun and actually look forward to having a sitter at Disney.

Thank you! I think I am struggling because it feels odd to even consider a moment at Disney without our babies - we've waited so long to be parents and are seriously overboard on everything. But this gives some peace of mind that allowing them a good, consistent bed time while we have an adult dinner isn't going to be a horrible experience. Food for thought while we count down the days!

It should be fine. Go and enjoy some adult time for a bit. We don’t get out much without our children (only a few times a year), but a nice dinner at Disney just the two of us is something we like to do. Remember that you are spending every hour for the rest of the trip with them. Even with the night out, you two are likely spending more time with your kids on this trip than you normally get the chance to so don’t feel guilty. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter