baby swap

wfk122

Earning My Ears
I have a question about the baby swap. If both my wife and I wait in line with our 3yo son and infant daughter, can our son ride with each of us after we swap our daughter?

Yes. We were there in March and had two girls and they let both of them ride with each of us (twice).

Just want to let you know that baby swap doesn't work as nicely as we thought it would. The examples I have are, Space Mtn, my DH and nephew went on while DD and I waited outside the ride. When they got off I took nephew over to Fast Pass line for babyswap (we had FP and wanted to do babyswap also) they gave us a babyswap card and we had to then enter the fast pass lane. The only plus I see to this is that nephew got to ride twice and he only had one fast pass. On Test Track, we all got in Fast Pass line and went through whole line together (DD included) when we got to head of line we were told to go down to a gate and tell CM by gate we were doing baby swap. We did and he sent us up and down some steps to where people exit ride. We had to wait there for DH and nephew to get done. When they got off we gave DD to them, had to go back to chained off area and wait for CM to let us in. Once in we had to take the stairs back to where we exited when they got on ride. The CM then opened a different chain and we had to get back in line behind the people who just exited from the movie portion. We had thought that at least we would have been able to get on the next car in line, but were told, it doesn't work that way and we had to stand in line again. Granted it was a small portion of the line, but we would have had shorter wait just going in single rider line. Needless to say, another group also doing the swap at the same time we did, was not happy at all. It is a nice option, but just not a nice as it could be.

Agreed - fast pass works as well or better than babyswap on the rides that offer it. The downside is that the older child can't ride 2x. The best way to baby-swap is on rides that don't have fp or if you have a fp for another ride and choose to wait in the standby line. (ex FP for SpLMtn at - decide to ride "standby" BTMR while you wait for FP time)

Rides that have a pre-show take a bit longer and are more confusing to BW than more traditional rides.
Enjoy
TJ

We just came back from Disney and really used the child swap alot (6 yr DD, 4 yr DD and 6mos DD). We were able to use fast pass and child swap at the same time. We would get a fast pass ticket for 4 of us. When it was our time, my husband would take the kids thru the fast pass line and I got a child swap ticket from the CM at the end of the line. When they got off, I would take the kids and use my fast pass and the child swap pass and take the kids thru the fast pass line again. We went on Splash Mountain 4 times in one day doing this and it was great. Even if we did not use the fast pass for a ride, the child swap went very well for us (no hassles and the CM's were very accomodating). Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter