Baby Swap

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
Great show as always!

On the Baby Swap question...

First, as a CM dryly told me once, "it's a rider swap. Baby swapping is illegal."

;)

But beyond that, I wouldn't recommend waiting in line first, then telling the CM you want to do the swap. Go to the CM at the beginning of the line and let them know. On most, if not all, rides, what they do is give you a pass that looks sort of like a fastpass that is good for I believe 3 people. One (or more) then waits wherever they want with the baby while the rest get in the standby line, or if they have FPs, in the FP line.

Once they exit the ride and meet-up with those who didn't ride, 3 of them may use the swap pass and use the FP line.

It used to be that on some rides you did all wait through the line and do the swap at the front, but I don't think any rides still do that. We've used the swap extensively over the last couple of years and its always been the way I described above.

That was my email that was read on the podcast about the Baby Swap. I felt silly asking it and hoped that they would just email me the answer....

I think that's where I got confused, I was not sure if all of us had to wait or I could wait with the girls and then when DH came back, switch with him.

Thanks for the extra insight!! :hug:

No problem, and its not a silly question at all. Its actually asked quite a bit and many guests don't even know about it because Disney doesn't really publish much info on it. On top of that, the process used to be very different depending on the ride, which made it even more confusing for guests and CMs alike.

One last thing, if a CM ever tells you rider swap is not available for an attraction that has a height requirement, ask to speak with another CM. This won't happen often, but can happen. The last time for us was on Soarin' during evening EMH. The FP line is shut down at that time, and the CM said because of that they couldn't do a rider swap and we'd have to wait through the standby line twice. We politely asked if he could double-check and sure enough, the other CM was aware of the procedure and it was still available. They actually walked our 2nd group backstage to get to the Soarin' loading area.

We went to all three parks in May and were never offered "swap". It worked out fine in most cases as the crowds in the am were not bad. We would just go into the single rider line and get in and out in 10 min or so. Not like at Universal at all.

You need to go to the CM at the start of the line and tell them what you want to do. You also need to have the child with you at that time, so they know you aren't trying to pull a fast one.

You need to go to the CM at the start of the line and tell them what you want to do. You also need to have the child with you at that time, so they know you aren't trying to pull a fast one.

Well we did this a couple of times and were just looked at funny and told you can wait here and use the single rider line. Guess we will try again next time. Maybe it is because of where you enter exit the different things we were trying it on. Such as Rockin RC.

I'll be honest with ya.....

there are some days I would baby swap....she can be a holy terror!:angel: :stitch:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter