• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baby swap with stroller ?

eellis88

DD from Buffalo
We have never done the baby swap before. This year we have our DS 2 and were hoping to do a couple of the "adult" rides while he takes his mid day nap. On the rides with baby swap, are you able to keep the little ones in the stroller or do you have to leave the stroller behind in order to take them through the que area to where ever you do the swap ?
Thanks in advance !

Or does anyone have any recommendations for other "adult" things to do during the nap times ?

BTW - I'm an Aries and in Disney so no recommendations to sit back and relax please. Just can't do :p

The stroller cannot go into the line - but in most cases the waiting parent doesn't need to go in either.

In the majority of the rides, you tell the Cast Member at the ride entrance you want to do a child swap. They will give you a pass (basically a fastpass) for the waiting parent to use. The riding parent goes through the line and then the waiting parent goes through the fastpass line using the pass.

Another option is to just get 2 fastpasses and take turns riding - then neither of you have to wait in a line.

When we last did the baby swap in January 2001, many of the attractions had you walk right up through the exit rather than wait in the FastPass line.

When we did the baby swap we used exits instead of the Fastpass line, too. Most of the time we were allowed our stroller, but as I have to use an ECV sometimes our entrance to the attraction isn't via the regular line. If you have room for an ECV to wait, you have room for a stroller. Our experience may not be representative because of that.

From recent experience, for all child swaps at MK you will be given a Child Swap pass which is the same as a FP. One parent rides, then the second uses the pass in the FP line. This does not interfere with FP times, since your tickets are not scanned. On Test Track there is a child swap entrance at the exit. I don't know how they work it at MGM, but my guess is it the same for all rides that use FP. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter