Baby Swap ?s

schatterjee

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We leave tomorrow - YIPEE!

Anyway, I want to see if I understand the baby swap correctly. I have a six year old DS and an almost one year old DS. If we get in line for an attraction that our little guy can't ride can Dad and big boy ride while I wait with little one then Dad and I can switch places and our 6 year old would get to ride with each of us?

That sounds great if that's the way it really works. Also, does this really work & people really do it? I've read about it a couple of places but would love to confirm.

One more question - does this work at any ride or only certain attractions?

Thanks for any help!!

there will be a CM at the entrence of each ride. Ask about the rides baby swap situation. some send the parent and baby to the ride by way of the exit, while others go through the main line and wait at the entrence, and others give you a pass.

The cool thing is that they wont make you ride alone, so the 6 yr old can do eveything twice and whomever is staying with the baby doesnt miss the older childs fun.

We did this often on our trip as we had a 5 year old and a 20 month old. It is available on the rides with height restrictions- if it doesn't have a height restriction, your baby can go on it (like Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Kilimanjaro Safaris, etc). There will be a CM at the front of the line- usually the Fastpass ticket taker- tell him or her that you are doing the baby swap and they will direct you what to do. You can do this if you do fastpass too- when it's your fastpass window, tell the attendant you also need to do a baby swap- in some instances they will give you another little ticket that says baby swap so not everyone in your party has to have a fastpass when you go on it again. (I know Splash had this). Have fun! And if you do this for Splash (We did this ride 4-5 times so I got to know the drill well) there is a little playground under the train that is specifically for little ones who can't go on the ride. It will give your little one something to do while you wait (if he or she is walking already)

We did it amd it worked out great. Some places have a special waiting area. So once you were done you could quickly switch places with your spouse and get on the next car. Other places treated it like a fastpass - once you rode it your spouse and son would get on the ride via the fastpass line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!