Baby Shower eats

Glynis

<font color=indigo>Taking applications for a WDW t
A good friend of mine just found out that after having 4 pirate: , she is now going to have a princess: . She is so EXCITED!!!! I'm throwing her a shower (since she owns nothing girly) at the end of June, and am looking for some wonderful ideas for refreshments for a baby shower. I'm looking for simple, easy to make, tastes wonderful (I don't ask much, do I? :teeth: ). If you've got a killer recipe, please pass it along.

Thanks in advance!

Pink lemonade or shirley temples as drinks.
A cake with pink-strawberry frosting.
Something easy for you to bring along-spinach dip. Just get a sourdough bread, and hallow out the inside. Put in either homemade or store bought dip inside and put it on a large platter. Surround the dip bowl with either crackers or cubes of bread.
Pinwheels roll ups. Just Spread some sandwich spread or mayo. on tortillas, and put in some lettuce, cold cuts, and cheese. Roll them up and then cut them to look like pinwheels.
Pasta salad-Boil spiral colorful noodles and mix them in a bowl with sliced olives, cheese, pepperoni slices, cherry tomatoes, brocolli, a bottle of italian dressing, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate it and serve cold.

I'll add to mommy's ideas:

Like the pinwheels you can do this with cream cheese (softened), mix in Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix, spread on tortilla, roll and cut into bite sized pieces. You can add shredded cheese, green onions, sliced black olives, etc. to the cream cheese mixture as well.

Another one with cream cheese is a cheese ball - take Buddig ham and slice up into small pieces, roll into softened cream cheese and make a ball, roll ball in shredded cheese. Place crackers or veggies around the ball on a plate and serve.

When I graduated from high school the big thing was to spread softened cream cheese on deli meat, roll, and slice into bite sized pieces.

Of course the standard fruit and/or veggie tray is always a hit (we had a shower today at our office and both of those were a huge hit). You can make a low fat dip by using light sour cream and mix in Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix.

Have a great time!

another yummy finger food we love is pickled asparagus spears (the kind in the jar, whole long pieces) wrapped in ham lunch meat with cream cheese inside....yummy!

Little sandwiches - pimento cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, turkey salad and ham salad. Make the sandwich, cut off the crusts and then cut diagonally and then diagonally again to make four triangles out of one sandwich.

Check with your local bakeries...if they make their white bread there they can usually color it. When a friend threw a baby shower for me she was able to get pink and blue bread! The sandwiches were so cute on them.

Another idea...a fruit tray - cantaloupe, strawberries, honeydew and grapes with a bowl in the middle of the tray with strawberry yogurt for dip. The pink yogurt will go with the girl stuff! :thumbsup2

Buy scallions. Take some cream cheese and place around the blub of scallion. Then take of piece of boiled ham and wrap around the cream chesse. This are hit eveytime I serve them.

Cherry tomatoes. Cut top off and scoop out little from the inside the tomato. Mix some Italian dry Salad dressing mix with some cream chesse and place it inside.

We make chicken salad that's super easy. Boil chicken breasts until done. Cool, then slice very thinly (almost shaved). Stir in mayonaise (to taste) and toasted sliced almonds. You can serve this as a salad (maybe in a hollowed out canelope or on sandwiches - which you can make fancy by cuting the crust off, triangling them, spread mayo on the edges and roll in toasted almonds that you've crushed in your hands.

Another good dip is to melt together 2 blocks of cream cheese and a stick of butter; add 2 cans of shoepeg corn and salsa to taste. Best served warm, but really good at room temp too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter