Baby sea lion at SeaWorld

janicept

Mouseketeer
My husband and I went to SeaWorld yesterday and saw a baby sea lion in the regular sea lion area. It was maybe 1.5 feet long and just hanging out with a full sized sea lion that I would guest is the mother. She was very protective and didn't even leave the baby to get the fish at closing time. I never saw a baby one there before and hadn't seen anything about it on their instagram or website.

There was a sea lion pup born this week! (though, I had heard that the staff decided to pull it and its mother to the back to watch more closely since it's very early for them to be born) I'm not sure how often you visit SeaWorld Orlando; but generally for April and May is seal pupping season and June and July are sea lion pupping season. They have one of (if not THE MOST) successful breeding program for seals and sea lions. Seals they usually have anywhere from 3-6 born on average. Sea lions can be anywhere from 5-6 to as high as 15 born each year. So, come back in July, and there will almost guaranteed be one less than a week old!

We asked the worker today and she said it was only 4 to 5 days old - so cute. Kind of big for so young.

So exciting!! We will be there in a couple weeks and I love the Pacific Point pool.
There are often babies when you first get to the area at the end of the rocks that run the length of the middle of the pool.

I love going during birthing season for the Seals and Sea Lions. I have so many cute photos of the new babies. They leave them in the main pool to make it as close to how a real birth would be as possible. Normally they just stay in the pool the entire time but in some occasions they do take them to the back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!