Baby Food

TaraPA

Can't live without a ticker!!!!
Is there baby food (jars) for sale at any of the resort shops or markets, or anywhere in Downtown Disney or the theme parks? I am hoping not to have to pack glass jars of baby food. I remember seeing formula & diapers in the shops at Swan/Dolphin, but not food. This year we are staying at AS Sports, anywhere close by that anyone knows of?

You can buy baby food in the parks, and maybe even at the hotels, but it will be more expensive than it would be at the grocery store. Instead of doing that, I would suggest one of these 2 alternatives:

1) You could order it ahead of time from an online grocery store and have it shipped to your resort. It will be waiting for you when you get there.

2) You could get it from a local grocery store when you arrive. If you're renting a car, it won't be hard at all. If you're using a shuttle service to get from the airport to the hotel, it will take a little more planning. Tiffany allows for a grocery stop, so you could do it that way. Another alternative would be to call a cab once you arrive at your hotel. The closest grocery store is Goodings. It's on Disney property, so it's still more expensive than a normal grocery store. Publix or Wal-Mart would be the best choice cost-wise.

I don't recall seeing any babyfood at the hotels we have stayed at nor at Downtown Disney. For DD we packed some of the individual Mott's Natural applesauce in our carry-on. I didn't want to carry glass jars, and when I compared the ingredients the Mott's Natural appeared to be the same as the Gerber applesauce. Some of the other brands natural applesauce had either sugar or salt added in it though. If you little one is eating the junior babyfoods, maybe check out the little plastic or metal buckets of diced fruits. I don't know if any of those are available without added sugar or anything though. But it beats packing glass if you don't have to.

Gerber recently started making fruit in plastic containers. Single juices are now plastic also.

The resort stores carry jars of baby food, but the selection isn't the greatest. The baby centers within the parks seemed to offer more variety, so I purchased a few extra jars there. The prices are definately higher - I think I paid around $.90 per jar.

CBR store sold 4.5 oz. jars of Gerber baby food for .89, they had carrots and apples. I had to buy about 8 jars while there is April. We also went to Goodings and I think the baby food was about .79 each jar for the 4.5 oz.

This is what we did (Travel by air from Toronto, Ontario)

I packed 12 jars (very heavy) I knew we'd have to buy more.

When we got to Orlando, we drove to Daytona Beach for a couple days. I knew where the Publix was and bought baby food there. I can't remember the cost, but it was around a dime less expensive than at WDW.

I didn't mind paying the extra for the convenience of not carrying more baby food.

The dumb thing I did was pack a HUGE box of Cheerios and not enough of baby's favourite cookies! He hardly touched the Cheerios and we ran out of the cookies and couldn't find them anywhere.

The best thing was that dh was eating FREE everywhere and he eats like a BEAR!

When I took my then-5mo, I took the little plastic tubs of applesauce and a small container of powdered baby cereal, which I mixed with a bit of formula. I also brought my own baby spoon and a plastic bib.

We took my 6 mos old who was eating baby food from a jar. That was about 12 jars a day. We packed enough to get us through the first day and a half. We then stopped at Walmart before going to WDW. We did bring powdered formula from home.

We would pack the backpack/diaper bag each morning with provisions for the day. The backpack was much ligther when we returned.

It was cheaper to do it this way. Although it was nice to know that we could get additonal food if we needed it in the parks. In Nov 1999 ASSp did have baby food although the selection was poor. All the resteurants had baby food also. The waitresses and waiters would offer it but had no problem when we said we had our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter