BA2037 cancellations

Max Headroom

Earning My Ears
Flying this in the next couple of weeks - Its the 1040 Flight to MCO from LGW. I've noticed several cancellations recently - No idea why. I hope BA sort out any problems asap. It wouldn't be a good start to the holiday! Anyone else booked on this flight in the coming weeks?

Oh no! I'm booked on this flight on 2/09
Hopefully being a Saturday it will be fuller and they won't cancel it. Considering I've paid nearly double than what I paid BC (before Covid), I would be really annoyed.
I guess they'd move passengers on a later flight?

Oh no! I'm booked on this flight on 2/09
Hopefully being a Saturday it will be fuller and they won't cancel it. Considering I've paid nearly double than what I paid BC (before Covid), I would be really annoyed.
I guess they'd move passengers on a later flight?
Or the next day! Today's flight left at 1116 but is scheduled to arrive on time. I fly the day before you.

And now an hurricane is forecast to hit Florida on Wednesday. Hopefully it will not have any serious consequence.

I'm supposed to be on the 2037 tomorrow morning and both incoming flights from MCO to Gatwick leaving today have been cancelled with the chaos. Not sure my flight will be going ahead. Anyone got any advice for adjusting things with Disney in the case of a cancellation?

2037 was cancelled this morning too. God knows what they're playing at over at BA.

Hope you all got there safely we are due to fly BA London Gatwick on 6th September.

Gatwick are cancelling flights over the next week due to air traffic control short staffing apparently.

We fought next Monday - flight is currently showing as fine on the BA website. But I am starting to worry.

Gatwick are cancelling flights over the next week due to air traffic control short staffing apparently.

We fought next Monday - flight is currently showing as fine on the BA website. But I am starting to worry.
Yeh im meant to be Gla-LGW-Tampa next thursday, really worried, i really need this holiday

I'm coming back this Saturday, hopefully it won't be cancelled. Otherwise I'll have to tell work I'll stay in Orlando indefinitely. Mmm, maybe it wouldn't be too bad 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was due to fly back on 20th Sep. The incoming flight from LGW circled near Orlando for a little while and then headed off for Miami! I assume that it couldn't land because of storms and started to run out of fuel. Amusingly, the airport information desk advised that the plane had landed! And the gate information showed "on time" 2 hours after it had originally been due to take-off.

Eventually, we got an email from BA apologising for the cancelled flight home and rebooking us on AA flights the next day - MCO-MIA-LHR. We were told to collect bags from carousel 21 (which doesn't exist!) and to make our own arrangements for accommodation that night. They advised that reasonable hotel costs would be refunded but didn't define what reasonable was.

I'll be delighted if I get a full refund in the next 3 weeks, but I expect a battle.

I was annoyed that I forgot to get a refund on my duty-frees that I couldn't collect at the gate. I've applied online and have less hope for that!

I was due to fly back on 20th Sep. The incoming flight from LGW circled near Orlando for a little while and then headed off for Miami! I assume that it couldn't land because of storms and started to run out of fuel. Amusingly, the airport information desk advised that the plane had landed! And the gate information showed "on time" 2 hours after it had originally been due to take-off.

Eventually, we got an email from BA apologising for the cancelled flight home and rebooking us on AA flights the next day - MCO-MIA-LHR. We were told to collect bags from carousel 21 (which doesn't exist!) and to make our own arrangements for accommodation that night. They advised that reasonable hotel costs would be refunded but didn't define what reasonable was.

I'll be delighted if I get a full refund in the next 3 weeks, but I expect a battle.

I was annoyed that I forgot to get a refund on my duty-frees that I couldn't collect at the gate. I've applied online and have less hope for that!
Sorry but if it was cancelled due to an external factor beyond the airlines control, eg weather, air traffic control you won’t get flight cost refunded
https://www.britishairways.com/content/information/delayed-or-cancelled-flights/compensation

Yes, you're right, but I think that you are confusing Expenses and Compensation. Compensation will not be payable because the cancellation was storm related, but Expenses will be - per BA.
Ok sorry, when you said full refund I thought you meant flights. Good luck with expenses should be ok.
We did get a Miami flight refunded to us once as a mechanical issue with plane made it late.
Also, spent about 6 months sorting an issue with American Airlines when they lost a suitcase in Philadelphia when I flew indirect once. That was insane had to send so many receipts and evidence.
Should be much easier for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter