[B]Pop up camper.............bunkend weight limit.[/B]

asreed1975

Earning My Ears
We just bought a used pop-up and this is driving me crazy. :crazy: I feel like the bed is going to go crashing down when me and my husband are asleep. Those skinny poles don't look like they will hold the weight. Neither of us are very small and I'm worrying myself sick over this. Has anyone ever had a problem with this and just how much weight are these things supposed to hold anyway. Ours has queen beds on each end. Also, has anyone ever made any modifications to add extra support to the bunkends?

They look flimsy, but we have never had problems with ours. What kind of popup do you have? We have a '98 Coleman Bayside, and we are not especially small people. No problems with ours. You may try the following site for any modification ideas and suggestions:

www.popupexplorer.com

asreed1975 said:
We just bought a used pop-up and this is driving me crazy. :crazy: I feel like the bed is going to go crashing down when me and my husband are asleep. Those skinny poles don't look like they will hold the weight. Neither of us are very small and I'm worrying myself sick over this. Has anyone ever had a problem with this and just how much weight are these things supposed to hold anyway. Ours has queen beds on each end. Also, has anyone ever made any modifications to add extra support to the bunkends?

No real need for extra support. Modern pop up (depending on manufacturer) have bunk weight limits starting around 700 lbs and goving over 1,200 lbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter