[B][/B]Anyone ever do a waterpark in January Tell me about it

mvansear

Mouseketeer
I would like to hear anyones experiences with a waterpark in late Jan early Feb. What were the temps like when you went. We are looking at mid 70's the whole time we are there is that too cold? For our family of 5 it will cost 250.00 for water parks and more. We would probably also go to disney quest and golf one or two days. But we don't feel it is worth it without at least one day of waterparks.

I would like to hear anyones experiences with a waterpark in late Jan early Feb. What were the temps like when you went. We are looking at mid 70's the whole time we are there is that too cold? For our family of 5 it will cost 250.00 for water parks and more. We would probably also go to disney quest and golf one or two days. But we don't feel it is worth it without at least one day of waterparks.

Temps are all over the charts in Jan. (especially on different years.)

What happened in X year will not be a good indicator of what will happen coming up, but, in general-

Disney keeps at least one of the Water Parks and the resort pools open all year long.

If it is sunny with the temperatures near 60 degrees or above with little or no wind,
guests can be found swimming at the resorts and water parks.

The water is heated in most pools.

What temperatures are to be "expected?"

HERE are the relative humidity averages for the Orlando area.

HERE are the average (and last year's) temperatures for the Orlando area.

We keep the water in all the slides and pools around 80F (27C) except for Shark Reef which does not have heaters. What you want is a day that will be bright and sunny and preferably not windy.

If you go on a day that is heavily overcast you will not be able to take advantage of any radiant heating (from the sun) or on a windy day (especially with a dry wind from the North) you will get hit by wind chill.

But a day with the highs in the mid-50s or above which is sunny and calm most people (at least from Northern climates) should be comfortable.

Is it free to get in the waterparks if you have park admissions and park hopper or how much is it?

Thank you Cheshire this is exactly what I was looking for when I posted. My kiddos are 11, 8, and 6 they are pretty brave and living in Missouri they would swim here at 75 degrees without a heated pool (blue lips and all) But they would only last a couple of hours. Do most people spend a whole day at the waterpark or like 1/2 a day? I guess what I am asking is if the weather conditions are ideal like you said no wind and sunny, would they be cold, blue lips?

...it's the getting out of the heated pools that are the tough part! :)

Is it free to get in the waterparks if you have park admissions and park hopper or how much is it?

I think it is 50.00 pp above the park hopper, the option used to be called water parks and more. I am not sure if that is what they still call it. We are so close to vaca that we have to wait to upgrade our tics at the parks to add on this option without paying a change penalty.

We have done 10 visits in late January to WDW. In those 10 years, we have twice had a day where it was warm enough to spend the day at a waterpark.

The problem is that you can't plan this ahead of time. We love going to the waterpark so when we get a day where weather is good enough, we change our plans and go. On 8 of our visits, that day never came.

We have done 10 visits in late January to WDW. In those 10 years, we have twice had a day where it was warm enough to spend the day at a waterpark.

The problem is that you can't plan this ahead of time. We love going to the waterpark so when we get a day where weather is good enough, we change our plans and go. On 8 of our visits, that day never came.

Another reason why we are waiting until we get there to upgrade tickets.

To get into a water park you must have either a water park ticket, the WPF&M option on your Magic Your Way ticket, or a Premium Annual Pass.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you buy the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $55.38 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park or Disney Quest tickets they cost $47.93 adult and $41.54 child. If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an appoximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

I am ok to add WP&M once I get there right?? That is what the CM on the phone told me was the best thing to do so I don't get hit with the change fee. With this can you go to a water park, regular park and Disney quest all on the same day?

1- I am ok to add WP&M once I get there right??

2-That is what the CM on the phone told me was the best thing to do so I don't get hit with the change fee.

3- With this can you go to a water park, regular park and Disney quest all on the same day?

1- Yes.

2- There is usually no change fee if you ADD things to your ressie, howoever.

3- Yes. In your example, you would be using one "DAY" at a park, and TWO "Water Park and More" assists.

This post includes the assumption you have a ten day MYW ticket with both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different priveleges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire (NE) option. If you have the NE option all the entitlements are good until they are used up. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have ten days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have ten entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail* in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the ten entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the MYW ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

*Oak Trail is a nine-hole "Executive" walking (no carts) golf course. Each person must have thier own set of clubs and they can be rented for $15 per person if they don't bring their own.

This has been our experience as well, as far as not being able to plan in advance. However, we have gone 5 times at this time of year and have been able to go to a water park every single trip.

We will go if the day's high is above 70. The water parks have always been nearly empty for us in January/February, no matter how warm it is and no matter what day of the week we go.

We usually do not stay from open to close as we would in September/October, but almost. We generally get there around 10:00 or 10:30, and leave around 4:00. We will stay longer on a sunny, less windy day, because it feels warmer. If it's windy and/or overcast it feels cooler and we're ready to leave earlier.

Thank you all so much for your replies. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate so yah water parks. Now DH and DS get to golf and we all get to go to Disneyquest when we move over to Universal and they close way early.

Before spending money for a water park, I would see if swimming in your resort's heated pool is fun. If you find yourself not bothered by the outside temp, you will probably have a good time at a water park.

Personally it needs to be in the upper 80s for me to swim, but I'm from south GA! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter