B.A or Virgin

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are looking at flying premium class, has anyone done both BA and Virgin? which did you like best?

We did BA last year, wasn't the best, seemed a bit shabby. seat comfort was ok, and we had a lot of leg room under the seat in front so we could stretch our legs out but that's the same in economy.

Food was just ok and the drink selection was limited, ok if you like wine beer or gin.

Entertainment selection was good, lots of films and programmes to watch.

Wondering how Virgin compeers, are they more up to date, less shabby! :flower1:

So by BA did u mean club world or just the extra leg room upgrade (world traveller plus).

In terms of Premium V to WTP BA I wouldn't say there are that many differences. You get a glass of fizz when you board on Virgin which I don't think you get on BA but otherwise they are pretty much on par in my opinion. The only thing I'm not sure on is baggage - Virgin has 2 cases 23kg included in premium and I'm not sure on BA.

If you are comparing Club World BA however it is definitely a better level than Virgin Premium.

In terms of shabbyness they are much of a muchness unfortunately.

We haven't flown BA but we did two round trips NY to London over the last two years in Premium Economy on VA. On the last trip, the plane out was newer and we loved the space and the USB ports for charging our electronics. The flight home was an older plane with no USB ports and inferior video screen. Leg room was good until the person in front of you fully reclines. Luckily this last time, the people in front of DH saw how tall he was and this was not a problem. The first trip the year before he wasn't so lucky. I'm short and had no problem either trip. The food was good and we liked the champagne offered when we first boarded.

thank you, I'm not sure but I think it is mainly the older planes that fly from Gatwick.

I paid extra to fly Business from Orlando to London on Virgin in 2010 and decided never again would I waste my money. The seat was horrifically uncomfortable and gave me a bad back for weeks afterwards - it seemed to have some sort of metal bar low down in it. We pay for extra leg room economy seats and and save the extra money towards fun on vacation instead!

Been flying Virgin PE for years, have used FC points to get UC and been bumped up to UC a few times but i would never pay full price for the privilege .
PE going out to US is perfectly comfortable, watch a couple of films, G&T bit of food and before you know it you're over Cape Canaveral starting the decent:yay:

Virgin PE to Orlando is very good - I book early and get seats up in "the bubble" on the 747s that fly out of Gatwick- very comfortable and great service. Next week we are off to NZ and this will be our first PE trip on a newer plane out of Heathrow on our first leg to Hong Kong so will let you know how the two compare when we get back. Hong Kong to Aukland will be PE on an Air NZ plane so that will give us another carrier to compare with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter