B.A.G.S delivery to hotel day before?

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
My wife and I are going to be staying at the Polynesian in May. We check in on Thursday, but flying in on Wednesday evening and staying at the Bohemian in Celebration that night.

I want to get the bags delivered from American Airlines and have them dropped at the Polynesian the night we fly in so I do t have to wait at baggage claim. Will the Polynesian accept them at the Bell stand even though I don’t get there until the next day?

Who are you going to have deliver them? You can’t just send them with the Disney baggage handlers if you aren’t riding the Magical Express bus?

If you are getting a rental car and are planning to claim them and drop them off at The Poly on your way to your Celebration Hotel, they will probably hold them for you, but that seems like a big time sucker.

My guess is they are considering using this company (or a similar one):
https://www.maketraveleasier.com/jetblue

This is Jetblue's site for this, but other airlines use them as well, my understanding is this is actually the underlying company that handles the luggage delivery for Magical Express as well.

I would think this would be handled the same way as any advanced delivery, just make sure your name, reservation number, whatever is needed for an advanced delivery is included on the delivery address, but you could always try to call to confirm.

Who are you going to have deliver them? You can’t just send them with the Disney baggage handlers if you aren’t riding the Magical Express bus?

If you are getting a rental car and are planning to claim them and drop them off at The Poly on your way to your Celebration Hotel, they will probably hold them for you, but that seems like a big time sucker.

You can have your bags sent via the ME/bag delivery system even if you do not board the bus. You make a MDE reservation and use the yellow tags. I know this because we fly standby a lot and a couple of times, our bags have made it and spent the night in Disney a full day before we arrived.

Now, the question is what happens if you do not have a room reservations for that particular night. I can say that they must check the bags against reservations at the airport. We had a one night reservation (and used those tags) and the had a three day reservation to follow. We got stuck in Raleigh and cancelled the one night reservation. Hence, our bags had no where to go. MDE initially left them at the airport (we only know because the airport called us to say they had Mom's walker). Eventually the bags did show us in our room under our second reservation number.

So, the long and short of it is I am not sure if they will take the bags a day early or if you will confuse the system.

I’m not going to use the ME system. American offers the service, but B.A.G.S. Is the company that services the luggage. Yes it is the same company that Disney uses, but different. I don’t want to cheat a system that I am not using and have a chance of loosing thousands of dollars of clothes.

So the simple question is, will the Bell stand accept th bags after hours for a next day check in. But I have a game plan on what to do now.

I hate going to baggag claim. This service works great. I get off the plane, then walk right to the rental car. I have used this service in many cities, it saves so much time and the convenience makes things easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter