award weiners

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
I havent eaten here in years,the menu looks pretty fancy, what is your favorite dog here to eat and why?

I like the spicy one, the chili dog, or the portobello mushroom one - just depends what I’m in the mood for. The “filmstrip fries” are the best part, though. They also have a lot of seasonal and themed items that are fun.

We eat here a lot because my daughter loves to hang out in the Animation building, and GOTG is her favorite ride, so we spend a lot of time in this corner of the parks. Love mobile ordering here!

I have only had the chili dog but I really liked it a lot. I am a sucker for a good chili cheese hot dog. I need to remember to go here next trip! I haven't been back since the first time; it was when Robin Williams passed away, I was sitting in the courtyard area eating and the news came up on my phone. You could almost feel the sadness in the park (Aladdin was still playing at the Hyperion) as people started seeing the news. Just haven't been able to go back since.

I only ate here for the first time on my last trip, but I was so impressed! I got the BBQ Crunch Dog. It was great, and the filmstrip fried are also delicious. I do recommend it.

are teh filmstrip fries differnt from regular fries

They are like flat, wide, and curly (you can google a picture). They crisp up just perfectly! They also offer some with toppings, like chili-cheese or BBQ crunch. They are the same toppings as would appear on the hot dogs of the same name.

are teh filmstrip fries differnt from regular fries

Yes, they are a thicker cut fry. Still crisp on the outside but more fluffy potato within. I disliked Award Weiners for years. Then they switched back to all beef hot dogs and added the film strip fries, and I became a fan again. We visited in March, and I was really disappointed in my hot dog (the fries were still good though). It just didn't taste like beef even though it was described as such. It wasn't the same as the hot dog I had a few months before even though I ordered the same one. I've been thinking about scratching them off my list for now, but since others are reporting good recent experiences still I will chalk it up to a bad day and give them one more chance.

We can't wait to do this, this summer. I actually have it loosely scheduled on our first day in DCA

Bacon Street Dog. Just had one the other day. Yum! They do mobile order here, so no need to wait in the line that can get quite long around lunchtime.

Definitely do the mobile order. Last that we got the chili dog and the portobello mushroom Philly and both were really good. I echo everyone else, filmstrip fries are simply delicious!

My favorite thing about Award Wieners (other than the filmstrip fries) is the kids meal with a perfectly sized mini hotdog, fruit (usually a Cutie mandarin or half banana), yogurt smoothie and drink. My son loves it (he usually shares my fries too!)

I haven't eaten there YET: this is on my list for June!! I'm must get the BBQ crunch and the Spicy dog/ share with my family then I can have room to try more "MUST HAVE's" The look awesome!!

I haven't eaten at it but its on our list for September. I really want to try the BBQ crunch dog and my oldest daughter loves Chili dogs.

I only ate here for the first time on my last trip, but I was so impressed! I got the BBQ Crunch Dog. It was great, and the filmstrip fried are also delicious. I do recommend it.

I second this! That BBQ Crunch dog was amazing and I can't wait to have another one!

Hijacking this for a moment, but does anyone know if they have gluten free options?

Thank you! :)
Yes. My kids are gf and they had buns for their hot dog. They went and ripped the ingredient list off the package for me because they have other allergies too.

My fave is the portobello mushroom sandwich sans mushrooms. Haha!but the price has gone up and the portion size down consistently over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter