Awaken Summer Promo Do You Have to Get That Magic Band

1hero2princesses

DIS Veteran
Am looking at booking the awaken summer promotion. I know some may think is an odd question but then do you have to get the awaken summer magic band? Can you still get the plain colored bands? My 3 kids do not want the same band and the girls were like I have to wear a star wars droid for a week? I want pink (or purple). I know they are cool and then you get sounds or something triggered with them? Can half your party get them and the other half not? Seems strange I know but my kids don't want to "match".

I was able to choose from the colored bands or the BB8 one in ME. The two boys went with that one and the girls and I kept our colored bands.

I was able to choose from the colored bands or the BB8 one in ME. The two boys went with that one and the girls and I kept our colored bands.

Did you see the star wars band appear on my disney experience? I'm not seeing it anywhere :(

Yes I did. When I went in to customize them, it was on top by itself and the plain colored bands below them. I was able to pick the special ones for a few in my group and kept the other ones for the rest of the group

Yes I did. When I went in to customize them, it was on top by itself and the plain colored bands below them. I was able to pick the special ones for a few in my group and kept the other ones for the rest of the group

Thank you! I went back in and there it was, so cute! And I can now get purple which I don't believe was available a few months ago. Thanks!

I'm happy that they are giving a choice. I'm hot on the colors and not so much Star Wars

and my dd9 was crushed when we switched from teh Summer promo to the free dining and she was no longer eligible to choose the BB8. LOL

Just a heads up but those BB-8 Awaken Summer Magic Bands are going for over $100 on eBay and will probably increase when the promotion ends. If I were able to get one for our trip I would choose it and personally I would keep it rather than sell it, but just wanted you guys to know they will have some value to collectors before you made your decision.

I saw a picture of the awaken bands and it looked like the image of bb-8 was on a small portion of the band and the rest of the band was in the same choice of colors available on the regular Magic bands and it could be personalized (like for individual names). So, it seems like it could be considered the best of both worlds.
Can anyone please confirm/refute? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!