Avis, anyone have experience?

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
We normally use Alamo, Dollar, or Budget but rates at Avis dropped quite a bit today. Any opinions? TIA

Avis is similar to the brands you have listed there. Avis and Budget are technically the same company. I would make sure to sign up for Avis preferred when you make your reservation. You should be able to pick your car on the app when you arrive and head straight to the garage. Even if that doesn't work the lines at the Avis preferred booth should be much shorter than at the regular counter. Avis/Budget seem to have the longest, slowest moving lines (maybe just my bad luck haha).

I personally love National, you can chose any car in the row if you are signed up for Emerald Club. They are the quickest when it comes to getting through the rental car process of anyone.

With preferred, they will assign you a car but you can pick anything available in the aisle. Very easy. My first choice for renting a car. Just cancelled my Alamo reservation because Avis dropped lower!

We normally use Alamo, Dollar, or Budget but rates at Avis dropped quite a bit today. Any opinions? TIA
We arrived several days ago. I originally had reservations for Budget and Alamo through Costco. Couple weeks ago Avis dropped their rates and
i jumped on it. Sooo glad i did when i when to get my rental budgets line was an hour long . No one was at Avis....I signed and got my car.
Maybe 2-3 minutes?

**In Orlando Avis and Budget charges 3.95 toll every day regardless if you use it and Alamo does not. Even with that my Avis total will
be around the same amount. I usually use Alamo (without and problems) but so far very happy with Avis.

**In Orlando Avis and Budget charges 3.95 toll every day regardless if you use it and Alamo does not

Thank you for this. On the website it states:

Under the e-Toll program, once you pass through an electronic toll, you will pay a convenience fee of $3.95 for each day of the entire rental period, including any days on which e-Toll is not used, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental month. You can avoid the convenience fee and any other charges by paying the toll in cash, using your electronic toll device, or avoiding any cashless toll road or passage.

We're flying into Tampa and other than Disney, most of our traveling will be done in that area. Hopefully we won't need a cashless toll road. :thumbsup2

**In Orlando Avis and Budget charges 3.95 toll every day regardless if you use it and Alamo does not. Even with that my Avis total will
be around the same amount. I usually use Alamo (without and problems) but so far very happy with Avis.

IME, Avis charges the daily toll fee for every day of your rental, even if you use it only on one day, and do not use it on the other days. When I have not used it all, I did not have to pay the fee,

IME, Avis charges the daily toll fee for every day of your rental, even if you use it only on one day, and do not use it on the other days. When I have not used it all, I did not have to pay the fee,

We just got back so I will be curious to see what the final bill will be. So far they only billed the original rate.
I used the toll 4 different days. The max they can charge is around 20 dollars according to the paper work.

***At the counter the guy had me initial the charge will be 3.95 every day so i wonder if they are enforcing it
more strongly.

Thank you for this. On the website it states:

Under the e-Toll program, once you pass through an electronic toll, you will pay a convenience fee of $3.95 for each day of the entire rental period, including any days on which e-Toll is not used, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental month. You can avoid the convenience fee and any other charges by paying the toll in cash, using your electronic toll device, or avoiding any cashless toll road or passage.

We're flying into Tampa and other than Disney, most of our traveling will be done in that area. Hopefully we won't need a cashless toll road. :thumbsup2

We are backand other than having to put air in the tire once i was happy with the rental. We used tolls 4 times. Although we were there 10 days
we only needed the car Sat to Sat because the other days were Universal days. My rate was 147 from Costco. I was thrilled even if they add the
toll charges as there is 20 max for those and the rate was STILL cheaper than the others.

** I noticed you were flying into Tampa. Look into CarRentalSavers. com also.
I noticed when we booked Tampa or Ft lauderdale or Miami they were always lower than Costco. That was a couple years ago though so YMMV

Last edited:
We are backand other than having to put air in the tire once i was happy with the rental. We used tolls 4 times. Although we were there 10 days
we only needed the car Sat to Sat because the other days were Universal days. My rate was 147 from Costco. I was thrilled even if they add the
toll charges as there is 20 max for those and the rate was STILL cheaper than the others.

** I noticed you were flying into Tampa. Look into CarRentalSavers. com also.
I noticed when we booked Tampa or Ft lauderdale or Miami they were always lower than Costco. That was a couple years ago though so YMMV
Did you pay cash for each of the 4 tolls? Yes CarRentalSavers is where I saw the drop in the Avis price and booked through them. Hasn't budged since then though, matter of fact it went up. Right now we're at $400 for 10 days, full size. We don't have a Costco membership. :worried:

no
Did you pay cash for each of the 4 tolls? Yes CarRentalSavers is where I saw the drop in the Avis price and booked through them. Hasn't budged since then though, matter of fact it went up. Right now we're at $400 for 10 days, full size. We don't have a Costco membership. :worried:

No I just went through ezpass. Keep checking with CarRentalSavers. Also AutoSlash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!