Average age to buy into DVC?

We bought at 31 since we had the funds to do so. We like it since the girls are younger they are able to enjoy it. As my oldest gets older and goes to college I know she will have a place to go on holiday with friends and be able to save some money.

I was 44 and my husband was a very young 59. We bought in 1992. I sold all my points in 2010 when he died. I repurchased almost the same number of points on the resale market between 2012-2016. I just bought a 25 point contract from Disney to give me the benefits.

Well it looks like I might be one of the youngest ;)
I bought when I was 20 and I am 21 now. We love Disney and are from the U.K so it made sense for us to buy into it and I put it on a 0% credit card for 24 months so I can pay it back monthly :)
Hi, Oliver! I am 23 and have been looking into buying for the past year. Do you regret it? or Do you just love it?

We've been wanting to buy for years, but have had so many expenses with buying a new home. We're finally planning to take the plunge this next year, at 34 and 33 years old. We're also Canadian, so it hurts extra because of the conversion rates ;)

We bought at 35. We paid it off before we had kids but after we bought a house. This has worked out perfectly.

Would have been nice to do it sooner, but we purchased in our early 50's. No regrets. Paid cash for both contracts. Our grown kids still join us for vacations there.

I was 44 and my husband was a very young 59. We bought in 1992. I sold all my points in 2010 when he died. I repurchased almost the same number of points on the resale market between 2012-2016. I just bought a 25 point contract from Disney to give me the benefits.
We bought in 2011 at 53 and 52(DW), and have enjoyed it mostly as empty nesters, our DS & DIL have joined us once, and in Jan. 2020 DS/DIL, DD/SIL, and 3 Grands will be coming along. I keep pondering what the best strategy would be for the next 10-15 years. I'm curious as to your situation- was it strategic to sell and re-purchase? How did that benefit you, financially?? - I've thought about just transferring my points between the kids when we pass, but have not thought too deeply on that yet; I still plan to enjoy them for many trips with the grandkids first.

We are early 40's and bought last year, added on early this year.

I'd like to add on same more points.

I am sure there is some bell shaped distribution of ages. We are in our late 50’s but this is when it made sense for us. Kids out of college and house paid off.

I was 41 and wife was 40 that was 5 years ago. Our kids are 15 and 12. We originally bought direct at AK for 200 points. We just added 100 resale at GF this spring.

We bought in our early 50's one year after our youngest graduated college (when we had no more college tuition to worry about).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter