Aventura vs. Hard Rock

IheartBroncos

Earning My Ears
I currently have 5 nights/4 days booked at Aventura for Apr 29-May 4. It will be myself, DH, DD15 and DS13. My son is a huge music lover. He is in a band and plays guitar, uke and drums. (Just to give you an idea of how much he LOVES music, especially 70's rock, lol) After adding the express pass to our package, it looks like it's only $200 more to stay at Hard Rock. This will be our first trip to Universal. We have done Disney several times and know that we are not the type of family to spend much time at the hotel. We are a RD to closing family, with a break mid-day.

For those more experienced, would it be worth it to pay the extra $200 to stay there?? We are planning at least one day at VB if that makes a difference in your thoughts. :)

TIA :thanks:

I currently have 5 nights/4 days booked at Aventura for Apr 29-May 4. It will be myself, DH, DD15 and DS13. My son is a huge music lover. He is in a band and plays guitar, uke and drums. (Just to give you an idea of how much he LOVES music, especially 70's rock, lol) After adding the express pass to our package, it looks like it's only $200 more to stay at Hard Rock. This will be our first trip to Universal. We have done Disney several times and know that we are not the type of family to spend much time at the hotel. We are a RD to closing family, with a break mid-day.

For those more experienced, would it be worth it to pay the extra $200 to stay there?? We are planning at least one day at VB if that makes a difference in your thoughts. :)

TIA :thanks:
I would pay the extra and go with HR since your son is so into music and deluxe is always better plus you would have extra space.

Enjoy your trip...whatever you decide.

HI
Are you sure your math is correct? The unlimited express pass is $100 per person per day. So that is $2000 just in the express pass.

HI
Are you sure your math is correct? The unlimited express pass is $100 per person per day. So that is $2000 just in the express pass.

So my current reservation is $2830 total. That includes the Hotel, 3-Park 4-Day Promo Park-to-Park + 2-Park Universal Express Unlimited Ticket and the 5-Day Photo Package.

When I put the same requirements in, just at HRH instead, it says my total is $3047. Am I missing something? Maybe I did something wrong, lol??

So my current reservation is $2830 total. That includes the Hotel, 3-Park 4-Day Promo Park-to-Park + 2-Park Universal Express Unlimited Ticket and the 5-Day Photo Package.

When I put the same requirements in, just at HRH instead, it says my total is $3047. Am I missing something? Maybe I did something wrong, lol??

Did you figure on paying for the universal express pass? You get it free with your room at HRH. When we went in June the cost of paying for the Express Pass would have been more than our room cost.

I'm pricing it out online, and I am with the first package, you are only getting the Express Unlimited on one day of your trip at Aventura, I believe.

At HRH, you would get it everyday for that price.

You don't need to buy the universal EP when you stay at HRH.

So when I called, the lady said that the EP was good for everyday. I just had to tell her what day we were using it first. It would be "activated" that day and would be good for the week. I also did an online chat with someone before I actually called to make the reservation and they told me the same thing. I want the EP no matter where we stay and for everyday (except VB), but now I am worried they weren't correct and we will only have it the first day. If that's the case, then we definitely need to switch to HRH!

So when I called, the lady said that the EP was good for everyday. I just had to tell her what day we were using it first. It would be "activated" that day and would be good for the week. I also did an online chat with someone before I actually called to make the reservation and they told me the same thing. I want the EP no matter where we stay and for everyday (except VB), but now I am worried they weren't correct and we will only have it the first day. If that's the case, then we definitely need to switch to HRH!

Well, unlimited express pass starts at S99.99 per day per ticket, so for four people over four days...that should be at least $1599.84, Photo package is another $90 or so...so I suppose it is possible that the hotel is $1140 or less

I think some of the difference is that only need express for your 4 park days because that is the ticket you have, but you are staying 5 nights, so you would have that higher cost hotel per night x5 at HRH but only the express past cost x4 on the other reservation.

I would also read reviews of Aventura. They have not been that great, especially for a family with 2 teenagers. It might be worth the $200. Mid-day breaks would be easier if you are steps away from the park.

Well, unlimited express pass starts at S99.99 per day per ticket, so for four people over four days...that should be at least $1599.84, Photo package is another $90 or so...so I suppose it is possible that the hotel is $1140 or less

I think some of the difference is that only need express for your 4 park days because that is the ticket you have, but you are staying 5 nights, so you would have that higher cost hotel per night x5 at HRH but only the express past cost x4 on the other reservation.

I would also read reviews of Aventura. They have not been that great, especially for a family with 2 teenagers. It might be worth the $200. Mid-day breaks would be easier if you are steps away from the park.

Thank you! I did read that Aventura rooms seemed small.

I am going to look at HRH pics and reviews, but I think I am going to switch!

Thank you everyone for the input!!

I would definitely go with HRH!!! You can even have a guitar and Amp sent to your room so your son can play a bit. Plus it is very close to the parks and the boat ride is extremely pleasant. We only do HRH when we go.

Good call making the switch. We love HRH, but mostly for the laid-back vibe and proximity to the parks. For a big music buff, it makes it even more special. You'll love it!

Definitely a wise investment! Dont forget to sign up for hard rock rewards. For $3000 spent, you will basically earn enough points for a free night at hard rock! The $3000 is specific to hard rock expenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter