NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
I wonder if anybody is planning on going see the Avatar sequel in theaters when it comes out. I heard a lot of theaters are going to be selling out for that movie. I saw the previews and I definitely want to go see it.

I wonder if anybody is planning on going see the Avatar sequel in theaters when it comes out. I heard a lot of theaters are going to be selling out for that movie. I saw the previews and I definitely want to go see it.

I definitely plan to. Unfortuantely I will be out of town on the night of the premiere, so I will have to go over the weekend.

Is there no thread on this movie? Absolutely mesmerizing. Stunning. The movie is essentially a big long ride with you submerged in this new gorgeous water land. A masterpiece.

Is there no thread on this movie? Absolutely mesmerizing. Stunning. The movie is essentially a big long ride with you submerged in this new gorgeous water land. A masterpiece. Don’t miss seeing it in 3D

Is there no thread on this movie? Absolutely mesmerizing. Stunning. The movie is essentially a big long ride with you submerged in this new gorgeous water land. A masterpiece. Don’t miss seeing it in 3D

Saw it today in 3D.... visually stunning--- my only SLIGHT knock is the length--- its long, and I feel like some of the scenes could have been cut a bit---

I wished it were longer! I honestly could have lived in that land forever. Story-wise, agreed- some “fat” could have been cut!

Without a doubt (regarding the "fat"). --- some of the scenes would have accomplished the same level of awe, and could hve been shortened.. that said, killing it at the box office, and next week should be even more telling, with holiday break, and many ppl avoid seeing the first week

I just saw it last night. I enjoyed it, but I agree that it was a tad too long. James Cameron was definitely indulging himself here, but then again, he's earned it! I saw it in 3-D HFR and WOWOWOW! I think my jaw was just hanging open the entire time - one spectacular visual after another! And, hey, at least nobody can call the story unoriginal this time! Honestly, I do feel that most movies these days are too long (see Marvel) and could usually be cut dowwn by a good 20 minutes, so that issue isn't a big deal. I do NOT think that about the original Avatar, and in fact enjoy the extended cut slightly more than the first cut (but not the extra-extended edition). It was certainly an experience!

We loved it!!! Such a great movie I didn't mind the length it made it worth while for the price we paid at the box office au$180 for a family of 6.

My 6 and 4 year old also watched it without one single complaint! Amazing

What is HFR? My theatre has this option as well and I have no idea what it means LOL I thinking definitely IMAX 3D.

HFR is High Frame Rate. Traditionally movies are shot at 24 frames per second, however Avatar has been created in 48 FPS to remove motion blur during high-speed action. Some people feel it looks kind of "fake" (or so real it looks fake), so Avatar actually uses double-frams in scenes that don't quite require the speed, to simulate fewer FPS (though it is always running at 48). Anyway, The Hobbit Trilogy was also released using this technology - I think it looks GREAT and is worth seeing that way if that's an option for you.

I saw it today in 3D-HFR and while it was beautiful and I surprisingly didn’t find it too long in the moment, overall 3 hour movies are one and done for me. I guess that’s OK though as they’ve got my $ now. Just can’t see myself watching it again. Really good movies make me want to watch them over and over and unfortunately this wasn’t one of them, despite how magnificent the cinematography was.

I hope 3 hour movies don’t become the new trend - too much of a commitment!

I saw it today in 3D-HFR and while it was beautiful and I surprisingly didn’t find it too long in the moment, overall 3 hour movies are one and done for me. I guess that’s OK though as they’ve got my $ now. Just can’t see myself watching it again. Really good movies make me want to watch them over and over and unfortunately this wasn’t one of them, despite how magnificent the cinematography was.

I hope 3 hour movies don’t become the new trend - too much of a commitment!

I might see long movies again, but I wait until they die down and I can enjoy them a bit more because I know I can get up and use the restroom, etc. I may go check Avatar out again in a week or so, but long movies are definitely a commitment.

Last edited:
I prefer long movies as I feel like they have more time to tell the story. I own the extended version of all of the LOTR movies

My family enjoyed the new avatar movie, and we only saw the first one last week on Dinsey+ while staying at WDW. Some of the scenes on FOP make a lot more sense now. None of us got bored during the 3 hour film.

I prefer long movies as I feel like they have more time to tell the story. I own the extended version of all of the LOTR movies

It definitely depends on the movie. I always say that movies should be as long as they need to be - sometimes that means short, and other times that means long. The LOTR movies do so much world-building that the extended cuts are worth it. I feel like most Marvel movies are about 20 minutes longer than they ought to be though. For me, the first Avatar is perfectly paced - in fact I like the extended cut they re-released in theaters originally. However, I feel that the extra-extended cut that was released on Bluray is too long and unnecessary. Way of Water could have been cut a tad too, but it's not anything that makes me dislike the movie or anything.

Last edited:
DH and DS saw it yesterday. DD really enjoyed it, and loves the first movie. DH said he almost went out about halfway through to take a nap....He said it was beautifully done, not bad, but waaaay too long. Neither of us are super fans of the original. Saw it when it came out, and it was so innovative, visually stunning, and I haven't wanted to watch the whole thing again.. We don't mind long movies. 3 of DH's favorite movies are the LOTR series. He loves those, and re-watches the extended cuts fairly frequently. I love them too. Also love long dramas, as long as they're well done. I'll likely see this one when it gets to Disney+. DD wants to see it again in the theater

We went last night. The imagery was, as with the first one, stunning I'd give it a solid A. Story telling was, as many of James Cameron's other work, very predictable, I'll give that a C.

The depiction of the Marines, retired or not, was despicable... again. The portrayal of of the Metkayina was such a blatant rip off of the Polynesian culture. Why be creative when you can just reach over and reuse another culture and impose it on your characters. Then again, he did the same with the Na'vi and the other clans... so I shouldn't have be shocked. Much of the plot seemed like he recycled it from the first Avatar and with the release of Colonel Miles Quaritch at the end, it's already pretty predictable where things are going.

I hadn't read anything about the plot and I went in really hoping to be wowed with the visuals as well as the story line. Good thing the visuals were good. I put this up there with the Matrix franchise, the first one was outstanding and would stand the test of time. The others, not so much. Guess we'll see with Avatar 3 & 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter