Avatar at 8:00 am? Will the line still be 2 hours?

If you're interested in an alternate strategy, you may want to wait until later in the evening when the lines are the shortest.

Here's what I found the last time I checked Touring Plans:

At 9:30 am, the posted wait was 210 minutes with an actual wait of 240.

At 9:30 pm, the posted wait was 60 minutes with an actual wait of 30.

Just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

I will be there the same day. I did get FOP FP but plan to do River and EE during EMH. If I could get on FOP right away I would. I might try right at 8pm when the park closes.

We did Navi River yesterday morning. Did not get there real early, EE was at 8 and we got in the line at 8:30. The wait times posted are inflated; it said 30 minutes but we were off the ride in 25. The rest of the park other than Pandora had posted waits of 5 or 10 minutes, so basically walk ons. You should have no trouble with your plan. Posted waits were still long near park close (FOP said 110 when I checked), but again I suspect they were inflated.

Disney offers a Disability Access Service card for guests whom meet certain requirements. Check it out on their website.

Yes...we are familiar with the DAS. It is very helpful for us as my daughter struggles with long lines. However, with the pass, you still have to wait...just not in the line. That's why I want to know the expected wait time to plan. If it's 2 hours, we'll still have to wait 2 hours...it's just outside the line. Then we'll go through the fast pass line.

It is possible for us to get a wait time and then come back later in the day; however, we would then have to wait in the lines for everything else (you only get one return time at a time on the DAS). That may work with our FPs though if we can catch some shorter lines on other things.

I would definitely avoid EMH. We went recently and got there at around 735 and went straight there quickly and ended up waiting 3 hours. It was crazy busy.

So do people have better luck going when it is a regular park opening? Is there any prepare ADR's anywhere that may help people get to the front of the line easier?

We are going March 2. Not sure if we will get a FP because that is 60+3. I will take any time of the day honestly. RD doesn't appeal to me at all for Pandora. I've done it at MK and HS and had no problems, but AK looks bad. I would rather still RD, but go straight to EE and Dinosaur. That being said, would it be dangerous to wait until later in the day to ride? Would I just get stuck riding with a long wait time or would I be okay?

Can your child with special needs go on the ride? If so, I would use a DAS. If not, can you use a rider switch and possibly get Fastpasses for a smaller number of people in your party? For example, search for a FP for 1 person and do rider switch with the others.

We are going March 2. Not sure if we will get a FP because that is 60+3. I will take any time of the day honestly. RD doesn't appeal to me at all for Pandora. I've done it at MK and HS and had no problems, but AK looks bad. I would rather still RD, but go straight to EE and Dinosaur. That being said, would it be dangerous to wait until later in the day to ride? Would I just get stuck riding with a long wait time or would I be okay?

I'm not sure how waiting would be considered as dangerous.

The first thing in the morning is by far the busiest time of the day for this attraction.

I checked Touring Plans from yesterday. The park opened at 8 am and the wait was 105 within 5 minutes. It was up to 195 at 8:15.

The low point of the day was 95 minutes at 8 pm. There were no actual wait times reported, but it was likely about half the posted wait by that time at night.

I'm not sure how waiting would be considered as dangerous.

The first thing in the morning is by far the busiest time of the day for this attraction.

I checked Touring Plans from yesterday. The park opened at 8 am and the wait was 105 within 5 minutes. It was up to 195 at 8:15.

The low point of the day was 95 minutes at 8 pm. There were no actual wait times reported, but it was likely about half the posted wait by that time at night.
Okay cool thanks! I was planning on waiting until late at night to ride it but wanted some input. Hopefully I just get FPs and don’t have to worry about it. It would stink if I waited and it broke down.

Can your child with special needs go on the ride? If so, I would use a DAS. If not, can you use a rider switch and possibly get Fastpasses for a smaller number of people in your party? For example, search for a FP for 1 person and do rider switch with the others.

She should be able to ride...assuming the concept of the seats (which seems different) doesn't freak her out. She's our little thrill seeker who loves roller coasters and loves Soarin' so I think she will like this. We may just have to use the DAS and come back later. Hopefully the other lines in the park will be shorter if that's the case. She has Down syndrome and gets very aggitated in long lines or lines where she feels crowded (Turtle Talk with Crush is a nightmare for her because of how you get crowded in that one room before they let you in...not doing that again anytime soon!)

Yes...we are familiar with the DAS. It is very helpful for us as my daughter struggles with long lines. However, with the pass, you still have to wait...just not in the line. That's why I want to know the expected wait time to plan. If it's 2 hours, we'll still have to wait 2 hours...it's just outside the line. Then we'll go through the fast pass line.

It is possible for us to get a wait time and then come back later in the day; however, we would then have to wait in the lines for everything else (you only get one return time at a time on the DAS). That may work with our FPs though if we can catch some shorter lines on other things.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn’t sure how it worked.

During 4th of July week (so, pretty crowded) we got there around 6:40ish for an 8:00 AM EMH opening. We were in the first group on the ride that day and finished by 8:20. By the time the park actually opened, there were thousands of people behind us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter