Availablity of ecv at Disney parks

rojo

Disney Lover
does anyone know what the chances are in renting a electric chair at Disney parks, when park hopping to another park later in the day. Just wondering if we rent early in the day at one park and Later in the day or evening go to another park, is there enough availability to rent at the next park? We are going sept 12 to 16, so crowd levels should be lower???

Maybe, maybe not. You might have to accept a wheelchair for a couple of hours while the returns recharge.

does anyone know what the chances are in renting a electric chair at Disney parks, when park hopping to another park later in the day. Just wondering if we rent early in the day at one park and Later in the day or evening go to another park, is there enough availability to rent at the next park? We are going sept 12 to 16, so crowd levels should be lower???
Are you asking about an “ Electric Chair” or an ECV? Disney does not rent electric chairs.
An ECV May or may not be available late in the day at a second park. There is no guarantee

We had rented an ECV at Epcot. Went to Magic Kingdom later that night and had to wait for 2 hours for an ECV to be returned. We had a wheelchair in the meantime. I decided that I would only rent off site from that point forward.

And we were there the same time of year that you will be going.

chances are fairly high that there will not be anything available/fully charged mid to late afternoon at any park. that's why it is a better idea( and cheaper) to rent from off site

One night in July the MK ran out of ecvs. So we rented a wheelchair for the night. I was told at DhS that only the MK runs out of them. Dont know if thats true or not.

does anyone know what the chances are in renting a electric chair at Disney parks when park hopping to another park later in the day. Just wondering if we rent early in the day at one park and Later in the day or evening go to another park, is there enough availability to rent at the next park? We are going Sept 12 to 16, so crowd levels should be lower???

Hi, rojo. Sometimes I have seen them run out of scooters at some parks like MK during midday. But I guess that could happen anytime there is a busy park day. And even if a guest returned the scooter when you arrived, it probably needs to be recharged.

So the chances of renting depend on how busy the park is that day, and how many scooters are needed that day by guests and what time of day you go. A long time ago, I remember arriving at MK and there were no scooter available at 1400 and I waited a long time for one.

The only nice thing about renting a scooter from WDW is that if you keep your receipt at one park, you don't have to pay again at another park if used on the same day.

I vote with everyone else to rent so that you can use it everywhere from your resort to the bus to the parks, and especially back to your resort after a long day.

Just got home today; sadly we had to cut our trip short due to a family emergency at home, but I was curious, and so we checked every afternoon (typically between 2 & 4 pm) at the Parks to see if they had any scooters available, since it is a common question here. All of the Parks were out of ECVs, with a waiting list, every day when we asked.

Additionally, we noticed that there seem to be far fewer Disney Parks ECVs (overall) now compared to rentals/privately owned. We saw a *lot* of Gold's and Buena Vista, a few from Walker, and a scattering of other companies.

Just got home today; sadly we had to cut our trip short due to a family emergency at home, but I was curious, and so we checked every afternoon (typically between 2 & 4 pm) at the Parks to see if they had any scooters available, since it is a common question here. All of the Parks were out of ECVs, with a waiting list, every day when we asked.

Additionally, we noticed that there seem to be far fewer Disney Parks ECVs (overall) now compared to rentals/privately owned. We saw a *lot* of Gold's and Buena Vista, a few from Walker, and a scattering of other companies.
Golds seems like they really are up and coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter