Availability of Minnie Vans? Same as other Lyft/Uber drivers?

DisFanEY

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we arrive on a Saturday and want to quickly get to MK after dropping off our luggage at our hotel.... doing just a night at Hilton Bonnet Creek before checking into Yacht Club. Because their shuttle would only get me to the TTC, I was hoping to schedule a Minnie Van since they take me to the MK resort bus location, saving us travel time. My question is for those that have used Minnie Vans.... are they as readily available as other Lyft or Uber drivers? Am I likely to find one close by? Or is this something to schedule after we land? Can you book one with an advance pickup time? Thanks to anyone that can help!

No, there’s a much smaller fleet of Minnie Vans than Uber/Lyft drivers.

You cannot schedule a Minnie Van in advance unless you’re going to/from the airport or need a handicap accessible van. Why not just take a regular Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and walk?

I think it's comparable to the wait for a regular Uber/Lyft/taxi. We always end up using Minnie Vans at least a handful of times during our vacation week because we need a car seat. I never noticed much of a wait EXCEPT during high-demand times such as early in the morning for breakfast reservations or right after nighttime shows. I think the experience will be a magical way to start your trip!

No, there’s a much smaller fleet of Minnie Vans than Uber/Lyft drivers.

You cannot schedule a Minnie Van in advance unless you’re going to/from the airport or need a handicap accessible van. Why not just take a regular Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and walk?
Thanks for the reply! If I do choose to go the Contemporary route, is there a spot to be dropped off outside the security station? Otherwise, will my driver be allowed through without a reservation?

I think it's comparable to the wait for a regular Uber/Lyft/taxi. We always end up using Minnie Vans at least a handful of times during our vacation week because we need a car seat. I never noticed much of a wait EXCEPT during high-demand times such as early in the morning for breakfast reservations or right after nighttime shows. I think the experience will be a magical way to start your trip!
Thank you for the info! I’m glad you’ve had good luck grabbing them with minimal waits! Hope we do too!!!!

Thanks for the reply! If I do choose to go the Contemporary route, is there a spot to be dropped off outside the security station? Otherwise, will my driver be allowed through without a reservation?
No there is not a drop off outside of the resort. He will have to go through security but it will not be an issue.

I have found that I can never get a Minnie Van when I really want one.

We were going to an EMM this summer. I wanted to be at DHS by 6:45am. I tried to get a Minnie Van at 6:30 for about 10 minutes with no luck. Finally got a Lyft within a minute of trying for it. We arrived a little late but it was fine.

I think eventually we will be able to book MV ahead of time. That will be wonderful.

The Minnie Van fleet is as large as ever, but it's still a dynamic service where availability can ebb and flow within minutes. I have generally found Minnie Van availability quite good during our recent visits this year, but that doesn't mean you'll always find one when you want/need one.

I consider it one option among many - if I don't like what the app is telling me for availability, I'll then look to plan B, C, etc. Ride share apps make getting to that decision point easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!