Availability for the 50th?

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of buying a resale contract. Is there availability property wide? Thinking ****"""""""". Might have up to five in the travel party. TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not supposed to give definite answers to such specific requests for availability since things could change significantly before you will have an opportunity to reserve. However, You should assume that particularly for late Sep to early Oct time, when the 50th starts, that you will likely find it very difficult to reserve anything.

Think of it this way. December 31 is usually the highest single DVC demand night of the year. In 2021, it has already lost that honor to October 1 and the few days either side of it.

Last edited:
We are thinking of buying a resale contract. Is there availability property wide? Thinking ************". Might have up to five in the travel party. TIA.

Even were it not the 50th, I would put your chances at those dates as being a waitlist situation at best any year.

Were you to bid a contract today, you would be looking at 60-90 days to clear ROFR, estoppel, close, set-up in the Disney system and have points available to book. And that is perfect scenario where there are no delays, contact isn't taken, etc. etc.
That would put you into January-February, and depending on home resort studios would be spotty at most properties. You'd be fine for OKW or SSR home resort, and probably Kidani. If you wanted a 1BR things could be better.

But that is assuming that you have a contract you're ready to bid on. You don't sound that close, and you'd be more likely running into 7 months. Fall is the high demand season for DVC, and while your dates are a little in front of the Columbus Day rush, you'd still have issues at 7 months.

Last edited:

We are thinking of buying a resale contract. Is there availability property wide? Thinking ************. Might have up to five in the travel party. TIA.
Please do not ask for availability checks. If we allowed such requests, the boards would be inundated with them. Also, availability changes so often that any specific info is not very helpful and could change before you have a chance to book.

Earlier this week I booked two one bedrooms at BCV for a long Columbus weekend. I could have had a studio as well. So, away from the actual date, studios were still available. I had been concerned, in the end, decided on the one bedrooms.

There is always a chance of getting a room for any date up to the day before. For all we know a huge hurricane could be headed for Disney on that date next year and people cancel.

When you get your membership you would just have to keep checking all the time to see if you get lucky and get a room somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter