Availability at home resort....none!

FWIW, this morning was open for 12/1/19. ALL of the CCV studios were gone by 8:05ET.

And the resort isn't sold out yet. There was another declaration on December 17. It included 15 dedicated studios, and two lock-off two-bedrooms. There are a couple dedicated studios not yet declared (3) and a similar number of lock-off 2BRs (5). But if you believe (and none of us have evidence of this either way) that declared units are the bookable units, we're up to a maximum of 70 bookable studios with 8 to come. And I don't think those 8 would have made availability last any longer this morning, personally.

If I bought CCV and was within my 10 day rescind period, and I wanted to stay in Dec, I’d call my guide and change my buy to a fixed week 49 studio. If they refused, I’d rescind and buy a fixed week anyway (this is why they won’t refuse if pressed).

It’s gonna be a problem after sellout. As reported, it’s already a problem now.

If I was thinking of buying CCV with plans to stay this time of year, I’d buy a fixed week.

Given the 2020 reallocation and the fact that a fixed week provides some protection against reallocation, I’d buy a fixed week.

Basically, the only way I’d buy CCV with plans to stay in a studio would be with a fixed week.

Last edited:
If I bought CCV and was within my 10 day rescind period, and I wanted to stay in Dec, I’d call my guide and change my buy to a fixed week 49 studio. If they refused, I’d rescind and buy a fixed week anyway (this is why they won’t refuse if pressed).

If I was thinking of buying CCV with plans to stay this time of year, I’d buy a fixed week.

Given the 2020 reallocation and the fact that a fixed week provides some protection against reallocation, I’d buy a fixed week.

Basically, the only way I’d buy CCV with plans to stay in a studio would be with a fixed week.
Usually the December Fixed Weeks for studios are among the first to sell out. I wonder if there are any left?

Usually the December Fixed Weeks for studios are among the first to sell out. I wonder if there are any left?
If they are sold out, I would run like the wind, seriously. Since it seems like they only sell against the dedicated units for fixed weeks, and that would mean that is, what, 20% of them that would already be unavailable at 11 months?

They are allowed to sell up to 35% fixed.

My understanding is that they’ve only sold a few and there are no sold out weeks.

Now. They stopped selling fixed weeks for the first week or two of December after the first declaration when CCV first went on sale. But as I understood it they resumed sales of fixed weeks after future declarations gave them the space to do so.

I could be wrong but that’s my understanding.

They are allowed to sell up to 35% fixed.

My understanding is that they’ve only sold a few and there are no sold out weeks.

Now. They stopped selling fixed weeks for the first week or two of December after the first declaration when CCV first went on sale. But as I understood it they resumed sales of fixed weeks after future declarations gave them the space to do so.

I could be wrong but that’s my understanding.
I’ve asked the sales guides when I purchased. They had every week available. They claim to not sell many and didn’t even have the material available. My guess is because it is more points for the week and no incentives are available. For the first week of December they claimed to have a lot of availability.

FWIW, this morning was open for 12/1/19. ALL of the CCV studios were gone by 8:05ET.

And the resort isn't sold out yet. There was another declaration on December 17. It included 15 dedicated studios, and two lock-off two-bedrooms. There are a couple dedicated studios not yet declared (3) and a similar number of lock-off 2BRs (5). But if you believe (and none of us have evidence of this either way) that declared units are the bookable units, we're up to a maximum of 70 bookable studios with 8 to come. And I don't think those 8 would have made availability last any longer this morning, personally.

As mentioned, part of the reason for this is Fixed week purchases. I've had a confirmation since before Christmas for 12/8-15/19, and it won't be available to book for another week. There are either 8 or 12 fixed week studios (4 per phase) for Week 50, so those are out of the race. If people book 2BR lockoffs, there go more studios. It definitely gets tight.

As of now it looks like pretty much all of CCV is sold out for first week of Dec. Cabins only thing left and 1 bedroom here and there. I got on early at 8am and was able to get first week of Dec for a 2 bedroom.

As of now it looks like pretty much all of CCV is sold out for first week of Dec. Cabins only thing left and 1 bedroom here and there. I got on early at 8am and was able to get first week of Dec for a 2 bedroom.

So not surprised. If I wanted any of December at CCV in a studio, I would buy a fixed week. Which then makes it harder for everyone else to get the dates but...

Ziravan: why do you say that fixed weeks provide “some protection against reallocation “? My understanding is that it is full protection in that the number of points assigned to that contract will be used in total to secure an automatically booked week-long reservation in the specified room category/view for the stated week Sunday-Sunday (excluding the DisneyRun flexible fixed week provision...). Is there a scenario that you are aware of where a reallocation could adversely affect the fixed week?

Ziravan: why do you say that fixed weeks provide “some protection against reallocation “? My understanding is that it is full protection in that the number of points assigned to that contract will be used in total to secure an automatically booked week-long reservation in the specified room category/view for the stated week Sunday-Sunday (excluding the DisneyRun flexible fixed week provision...). Is there a scenario that you are aware of where a reallocation could adversely affect the fixed week?
I only meant that protection is only to the extent that you use the fixed week. The major benefit to me of the fixed week is the flexibility. To the extent I break the fix and book at other times and rooms, I’m subject to the same reallocation penalties as everyone else.

If DVC reallocated such that it’s cheaper to use the guarantee than regular booking, sure I’m protected but that comes at the price of flexibility.

I might also say that even if the point premium were minimal, which the 2020 charts indicate for adventure/choice season fixed weeks, the ability to get the desired room is pretty priceless in my eyes. Apparently walking with the enhanced booking tool is no longer a guarantee of getting ones desired room with the unexplained future gaps of bookable inventory which impedes the progress of walking forward.

One other thing I think is interesting is how we get reports from CMs that they cannot book outside of the 11 month window where clearly it can be accomplished at VGF, PVB, CCV (and probably Aulani) under the auspices of the Guaranteed Week option. I am under no allusions that their system stops them internally from making pre-11 month bookings if it discretely serves the Mouse’s purposes.

It was only a couple years ago when most said they never had a problem getting what they wanted and when. Boy have the times changed.

I'd still say that.

But I've not considered the first week of December part of "most times" for many years. Nor do I consider the small booking categories such as Value, Concierge, BLT standard view and BWV standard and Boardwalk studios (and thus 2BR's) for popular times.

December 1st is now available in all booking categories. Could I assume members are walking for Christmas?

If they lowered the point value across 1BR only slightly, I don’t think this shortage would be an issue.

So not surprised. If I wanted any of December at CCV in a studio, I would buy a fixed week. Which then makes it harder for everyone else to get the dates but...

But... Boulder Ridge much much more availability first week of December. Is CCV that much more popular?

But... Boulder Ridge much much more availability first week of December. Is CCV that much more popular?

Only 9% of the total points available at the resort are allocated in studios. The large number of point sold against cabins to members buying to stay in lower acommodations will always be a problem at CCV. Just wait that it'll be sold out.
DVD created the problem lowering the minimum contract size and building bungalows and cabins and now all members pay with reallocation(s) that make studios more expensive because the system cannot cope.

Last edited:

I'm not seeing studio availability at BRV for 1st week of December other than for a couple of days. If folks are walking, the rest of the week may open up in a few days, but as of this morning, there's really not much at BRV either.

I'm not seeing studio availability at BRV for 1st week of December other than for a couple of days. If folks are walking, the rest of the week may open up in a few days, but as of this morning, there's really not much at BRV either.

There was just several hours ago. All but Dec 3rd was available.

There was just several hours ago. All but Dec 3rd was available.

Maybe walkers are walking and days will open up shortly. But it is a very popular time of year at BRV so I wouldn't expect a lot of availability anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts