Availability at home resort....none!

flowrida

Mouseketeer
We just joined DVC and are trying to book our home resort and there’s no availability for October or November 2019...which presumably means we cannot book anything at this time! Has anyone else had this issue?

You're looking at a very busy season for DVC. Most studio categories will be booked right at 11 months for many resorts.

Are there other categories available? Waitlist a reservation, watch the RAT for openings, and if there's still nothing watch other resorts at 7 months.

Last edited:
I don't see any resorts with literally 0 availability.

Sometimes, category or unit type do go quickly at 11 months, and you're currently well inside for October, which is a really hot month.

You're looking at a very busy season for DVC. Most studio categories will be booked right at 11 months for many resorts.

Are there other categories available? Waitlist a reservation, watch the RAT for openings, and if there's still nothing watch other resorts at 7 months.

It's a studio we're after... what's RAT?

We just joined DVC and are trying to book our home resort and there’s no availability for October or November 2019...which presumably means we cannot book anything at this time! Has anyone else had this issue?
Did you just buy Direct? If so call your salesman and ask for them to book it for you. They probably will be able to. Also if it was for Copper Creek it’s even more likely since all units haven’t been declared to the association yet (Disney still owns them)

There probably is availability so definitely call and/or waitlist. The reason I say availability probably exists is that some folks typically book at 11 months even if not sure they will take a trip.

That’s a busy season. Keep in mind Halloween and Christmas parties, as well as Wine and Dine (including race weekend), fall breaks and Jersey week, and any holiday weekends could all contribute to limited availability.

Availability could also be dependent on what kind of unit you’re looking for and the number available at your resort. Sometimes flexibility is key.

It's a studio we're after... what's RAT?
RAT is the resort availability tool....its not actually called that now with the recent update but everyone still refers to is that way. It's where you check on availability/book.

Let me guess... you own CCV and want a studio?

This is your present, this is your future. In fall, studios will be gone between 11 and 10 months, consistently. Sometimes faster. Sometimes a little slower. But there are a maximum of 78 bookable studios, and points being sold against 26 points-heavy cabins. But points are points, and just because the points originate in cabins doesn't mean they're being purchased for cabin use. Fall is DVC's highest demand season. And a lot of CCV buyers are after studios.

Your best bet for those dates is to shorten your stay and book the 1BR - which has full availability all of October right now - or hope to get Saratoga as a studio at 7 months.

Thanks to all the helpful replies...our home resort is Copper Creek; I see there are other resorts available but don't think I can actually book any of those until about March/April time. It's not a major issue, just disappointed we couldn't get our first DVC vacation booked now! I think I may just give our salesman a call tomorrow and see if he can sort for us.

Thanks to all the helpful replies...our home resort is Copper Creek; I see there are other resorts available but don't think I can actually book any of those until about March/April time. It's not a major issue, just disappointed we couldn't get our first DVC vacation booked now! I think I may just give our salesman a call tomorrow and see if he can sort for us.
yes, definitely do this. Your salesman should be able to help.

You should get a "welcome home" reservation as a 1st time direct buyer. They will help you if they can. However, auroraborealis is likely correct. You will be fighting for studios at Copper Creek from here on out.

Also, if you've only bought enough points for studios, might want to check out the 2020 points chart to see if you will even have enough points for your intended stays after next year. In choice season, a week in a studio will cost 121 points in 2020 vs 107 in 2019.

Welcome Home!!!

Yep, happened to us this year. Tried to book a studio on one day 1 of our 11 month window at Boulder Ridge (but didn't get up at 5 am PST) for the first week of December and was wait listed. Never did come through. Will try again this year.

By 7 months when you can book another resort there probably won't be much availability for studios anywhere. During October and November you want to get your home resort booked right at 11 months. Hopefully your guide can help you this time but know that studios at CCV are very popular and book quickly. This could happen frequently in the future for you if the fall is your preferred time of travel and you bought to book studios.

Only 9% of the points at CCV are allocated to studios, while the average contract size sold at the resort is under 150 (DVCnews has been tracking this, I think it's around 135 but I'm going by memory) meaning the majority of people are buying for studios.
There is a clear supply and demand issue, even worst for November and December because the resort is beautiful for Christmas.
If you bought to stay during Christmas season in studios, it's going to be difficult.
DVC believe they can address this increasing the cost of studios and decreasing other room types. They already started for 2020, they probably plan to do it again. The points you bought might already not be enough to book the number of days you are planning to.

Christmas season, by the way, starts in early November. Once the party starts, it is the season.

RAT is the resort availability tool....its not actually called that now with the recent update but everyone still refers to is that way. It's where you check on availability/book.
They tried to change the name at one time to the "Check Resort Availability Page" but they didn't like the resulting acronym THAT created: the CRAP.

So they changed it back.

They tried the name change when they updated the tool to the first version of its current form. NOW, with version 2 of new format (the current platform) they changed the name of the link again to just "book online". And now the tool is much better, I admit. I did not like the first change from the RAT as much as the current update. I tried to slogan a change, "Forget this CRAP, bring back the RAT!"

Well, they brought back the old name but not the old system.

We still call it the RAT for its old name, resort availability tool.

Last edited:
"Check Resort Availability Page" but they didn't like the resulting acronym THAT created: the CRAP.

That is funny! :) Thanks to all but we've now sorted our availability issue... moved to Vero Beach in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter