Automsatic cameras installed town square

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
"More automated cameras have been installed at Walt Disney World, this time at the Mickey and Minnie Mouse meet and greet in Magic Kingdom. Set inside the Town Square Theater, we noticed the cameras installed in the book shelf across from the Mickey and Minnie photo op"

We all knew that these changes were being made, honestly i welcome them. When we were there there was one photographer running back and forth. I like the ones at US

Thanks for the update. I have added this information to the Memory Maker thread. Thanks for the update.

I do not like this at all.
They have them already at Launch Bay and all of my photos from the box are TERRIBLE. Like, really bad. The quality, the shots, the good shots that were missed. They are just awful and I will not be using Memory Maker as much if they all go to this. Not worth it.

I still think that the automated cameras should be the exception and not the rule and used in cases of being short staffed/giving extra shots in added angles if a photographer was available instead of replacing.....

I think it would leave a better taste in my mouth if the auto cameras meant more physical photographers roaming to make memory maker worth the $

Last time we went there was not a photographer at all the one they had was jumpung back and forth between another project it was so frustrating, the cast member used our phone but there was not a professional photo taken

That's so disappointing! Some of our best character photos have been with the Town Square Mickey. We buy Memory Maker, but I think I'm going to start asking cast members at box locations to also take some photos with my camera.

Horrible news, another way for WDW to cut staff and cost so they can rake in even more $$. I agree with a PP, that yes we had some not so good photos but at least a lot of them were unique and you got photos interacting with the characters etc. Now it's going to be the same photo over and over... I agree that a photographer should not be running back and forth, but the only reason they have been doing this is because of the staff cuts WDW keeps doing:( A Walt quote that the current WDW executives no longer take to heart "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Last time we went there was not a photographer at all the one they had was jumpung back and forth between another project it was so frustrating, the cast member used our phone but there was not a professional photo taken

The box isn't taking anything remotely close to a "professional photo" either (the 3 measly pics I got from the light box at the Tink meet last week, only 1 was passable). However, to be fair, the human photographers aren't pros either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter