• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

autograph books

planningjollyholiday

DIS Veteran
Does TDR sell autograph books? If so, any chance they have the ones with the space to add pictures in them like the ones in the U.S parks?

They do have autograph books for 1500¥. It does hold small pictures but the autograph pages are seperate, not like the all in one page I've seem in the states.

I just realized, you already went to TDR, sorry! For anyone else thinking about an autograph book, I'll try to post pictures later when we get home. We are at the Ambassador and didn't bring a laptop :-(

tinibee said:
I just realized, you already went to TDR, sorry! For anyone else thinking about an autograph book, I'll try to post pictures later when we get home. We are at the Ambassador and didn't bring a laptop :-(

We actually don't go until may so I appreciate the information. We have been once before but it was awhile ago. A picture would be great. I hope you are having a fabulous time at TDR, and enjoy the ambassador, it looks like an awesome place to stay.

Here is a picture of the autograph book. The picture holders on the left side of the book holds approximately five - 3.5" x 5" photos. Each picture holder has a little frame inlay that my husband didn't get a good picture of.

The three sticker pages have all the meet and greet characters (but no face characters). We put the appropriate character sticker on the autograph page as we collected them. They even have the character stickers with the special outfits that you see in the park. Super cute!

The pen has two ends - on thin tip and the other thick. The thick tip was great for autographs and the thin tip great for writing the date on the autograph page.

The autographs we acquired looked pretty much like what you get at Disneyland Anaheim - right down to the Pluto paw print on the O. However, they have some characters you don't typically see in the US, so its kind of fun to get those autographs (Clarabelle Cow, Thumper).

I was really surprised because I've been to the park many times, but never really seen people doing the autograph thing. On our most recent trip (2/20/2014), a lot of people were doing it. We bought our autograph book at the Ambassador hotel but also saw it in the stationary store at TDL. For 1500 yen - seems like a pretty good deal.

20140219-P1040304-S.jpg

I was really surprised because I've been to the park many times, but never really seen people doing the autograph thing. On our most recent trip (2/20/2014), a lot of people were doing it.

That surprised me as well-- my family went in November, and the only autograph book I saw the entire trip (outside of a store) belonged to my daughter.

I'm not sure if you experienced this when you went previously, but for many of the meet and greet characters, there isn't a typical Japanese orderly line. Instead its this crazy free for all where you have to move fast to get close to the character for an autograph and picture. Its so uncharacteristic compared to all the line standing you do at the TDR.

There are a few of the big five characters (mainly at the entrance) that have actual lines and they are characteristic of lines at TDR - really long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter