Autograph books for adults?

PamCo88

Finally going Back!!
Has any adult only parties done autographs?

I don't have kids, but I am one so... Will people look at me funny if I get one signed?

Pam,

I've never done it before but I was thinking about doing it this next trip in September. Although I haven't done the autograph book, I often get in line to have my picture taken with the characters.

Hi Bob,

I always get in line for character pictures. I just wonder what others will say if I get autographs. Thanks for the quick response.

I used to worry about that. I was self conscious about doing things like that when I was by myself or doing things that most people think of as "for kids". Now I don't worry at all about it. I go to every Disney movie that comes out and I go right to the theater by myself and get in line with all the parents and kids and don't think a thing about it.

I have had children ask me where my children were. I don't mind, they are curious and I just tell them that I don't have any children but that I enjoy Tigger, or Hercules, or Mulan, etc just as much as they do so I just come by myself to see them. They usually just smile.

I've looked around all over the place and I haven't yet seen a sign that says the movie or the characters are for children only!

Hi!

This has been wondering me too. I think I am going to try an autograph book when my DH & I go in Sept. We too have had many photos taken with the characters but I have never had an autograph book done. I think I will try it. If people look at me funny I will just tell them it is for DH!!!!

Cyndi

Soon to be DH and me are going next year and we are bringing the autograph book. In fact, I am making one with Disney characters on it and wil have them autograph near their picture. A little childish? maybe, but when you are in Disney World, doesn't that child come out anyway? Do it, you will not regret it. We stand in line anyways for hugs and pictures. Last time we were there, we saw a couple, probably around the mid 60's, standing in line for their autograph with Baloo, so don't be shy. Have fun!!!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

I'm going to make special pages to get signed and have pictures attached.

:) :) :)

I am over 50 and I have a pink princess autograph book. It is loaded
with autographs and I even have two animation schetches. I got one on the
animation tour and one from an artist at work at the Art of Disney on Main
Street.
The only time I had trouble was on the cruise when there were no
organized lines, and all the mothers pushed their kids in front of me and the
characters seemed to go to the kids but that was ok.
Go for it, it is so much fun....
Shelly

I've got an autograph book over half full, but I have to admit, I've only been brave enough to get autographs at character meals & pictures so far. I'd like to stand in line and get one from Woody & Buzz next time.

I guess I need to stand up for myself. I never even get good pictures with the characters because kids just cut in front of me in line so I give up. I think next time I may just turn on my teacher voice and tell them to get in the back! :D

LOL Kermit. At least you had the courage to get in line in the first place. I let the characters pose with my husband for pictures. The CM's will gladly take a picture of you with a character too, just in case you didn't know that.

DH and I waiting in line to get our pictures taken w/ lots of characters during our honeymoon! :) Never had a problem...never felt out of place. It was FUN!! I do plan on doing autographs in December as well as the WS passport. I think it would be fun and it would also look neat in my photo album next to the picture of us w/ the character!!

Autographs.....oh boy !!!

Picture this.....I'm a disney nut.........my dw has basicaly seen enough of disneyworld,
so she told me last year to feel free and book a trip if I wanted to go so bad.

Guess what I did right away......yup, last August I booked by first solo trip to the world,
and trust me....did I enjoy it.

I tok more photos, and had my autograph bok signed by more charactors....well it was just
so much fun waiting in lines with the kids, and other solo adult travelers.

Don't worry about a thing, just go and have a great time.

-rick

LOL---I wonder if my DH will do that for me someday.When we went on our honeymoon,I made him stand in line for EVERY character there was.He was goodnatured about it then and we got some really interesting pics,like me sitting on the ground next to an Ewok and him standing in front of (and slightly beneath)this giant crow/heron/colorful tropical bird(??we could never figure out what he was supposed to be!)guy at AK,as well as pic with the guy in the 'turtle-mobile' at AK.Next time,tho,I wanna get my pc with Flik,if I can.

there IS an age restriction on character autograph seeking at WDW. Just to be safe, you might need to bring a picture ID to prove that you haven't surpassed the 199 year age limit.

I have done plenty of photos without any regret. My plan for our January 2002 trip is to bring pages from a Pooh book, as well as a Mickey postcard, to have them sign. I'll frame when I get home to hang on our "Disney" wall.

Disney is all about your experience, either with family, friends or solo. I say go for it, and the people you seeing smiling and doing
the same thing are probably great people to meet...

I think it's a great idea! I've always been just a touch awkward when meeting characters, and I always found it easier when I had something for them to sign because for some reason it feels like a more concrete thing-to-do than just getting my picture taken with them and it helps "ground" the interaction in a way. If the item you have for them to sign is unusual, too, it gives them an opportunity to remark on it (or point excitedly if it's not a face character). When I was on the Disney College Program I carried around a tote bag with my department's logo on it (and a piece of cardboard to make a writing surface), but if I were doing it now I'd probably go for a custom autograph book, one of those Disney dictionaries, a special pillowcase...something like that.

Has any adult only parties done autographs?

I don't have kids, but I am one so... Will people look at me funny if I get one signed?
I haven't, but only because I always have a child with me. Do it! Who cares if anyone says anything? Just go and enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter