Autistic Granddaughter. We will be at MK only one day

disneyfan19712006

DIS Veteran
Ow do they handle character lines for kids who do not wait well? I don't want her to have a meltdown and possibly hurt herself or someone else. The characters will be the highlight of her day. We just don't get much advance warning.

If it's a permanent greeting location, they MIGHT allow you to use the DAS. I know the old GAC stated directly on it that it was not to be used for character greetings, and I believe the new DAS follows that as well. However, reports seem to be that if there is a FP entrance, you MAY be allowed to use the DAS.

For character greetings that "pop up" throughout the park (not in a permanent set building/location) - most of these are out in the open and you could probably have someone remain in the line while the child waits nearby with another adult. Just make sure the CM managing the line is aware others are nearby and will join the person standing in the queue.

Just our personal experience -- we don't do a lot of character greetings because the lines are challenging. We've found a couple of character meals work better for our needs.

Enjoy your vacation!

For character greetings that "pop up" throughout the park (not in a permanent set building/location) - most of these are out in the open and you could probably have someone remain in the line while the child waits nearby with another adult. Just make sure the CM managing the line is aware others are nearby and will join the person standing in the queue.

Def do this. You are not permitted to hold a space in a line and have seen people asked to step out of line until their party arrives. Let the first person know the situation so all goes smooth. Hope you have a magical trip!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!