Autism and walking on tip toes ? pass for this?

If your granddaughter is diagnosed with ASD, then she has at least some of the mannerisms and characteristics shared with all ASD patients... or else she wouldn't be diagnosed with ASD. Therefore if you were to speak with a CM about a DAS I would simply present the characteristics your granddaughter exhibits the most when stressed or tired. You know her better than we do so you know her 'go to' behaviors when presented with too many stimuli.

If the DAS is solely for her penchant for walking on her toes, they will more than likely assume you need mobility assistance and will suggest a Wheelchair. This may be something you want to do in addition to the DAS, assuming you are applying for the DAS on the grounds of her ASD diagnosis. CM's won't read doctors notes, as stated above they can often read symptoms and common behaviors that you feel would justify her for a DAS, but they have no interest in a Doctors note or diagnosis material. They want you to articulate why they cannot simply use the normal lines like everyone else.

Don't be embarrassed about it, be honest and reflect on why her enjoyment would be much improved if she were to have the ability to be free from standing in line and express that to the CM. Obviously there are no guarantees she will get one, but CM's are just trying to make sure that people are not gaming the system that's all. They aren't trying to make you feel like a fraud... It's like when I use my disabled parking pass some times, it's funny how when you get out of the car you suddenly have the biggest over exaggerated limp ever to psychologically justify to yourself why you parked there haha..... It's human nature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!